Fight for Sight is the leading UK charity dedicated to funding pioneering research to prevent sight loss and treat eye disease.
Fight for Sight is funding research at leading universities and hospitals throughout the UK. Major achievements to date include:
· saving the sight of thousands of premature babies through understanding and controlling levels of oxygen delivery
· restoring sight by establishing the UK Corneal Transplant Service enabling over 52,000 corneal transplants to take place
· providing the funding for the research leading to the world’s first clinical trial for choroideremia
· bringing hope to children with inherited eye disease by helping to fund the team responsible for the world’s first gene therapy clinical trial
· identifying new genes responsible for keratoconus and Nance-Horan syndrome
Fight for Sight’s current research programme is focusing on preventing and treating age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and cataract. We are also funding research into the causes of childhood blindness and a large number of rare eye diseases.
Celebrity supporters 3
Fight for Sight has received support from the following celebrities: