Reprieve Celebrity Supporters & Events
Reprieve is a legal action charity, founded by Clive Stafford Smith in 1999. Reprieve uses the law to enforce the human rights of prisoners, from death row to Guantánamo Bay.
Reprieve investigates, litigates and educates. Working on the frontline, Reprieve provides legal support to prisoners unable to pay for it themselves, promoting the rule of law around the world, and securing each person’s right to a fair trial. In doing so, Reprieve saves lives.
Reprieve’s current casework involves:
- representing over 33 prisoners in the US prison at Guantanamo Bay.
- working on behalf of prisoners facing the death penalty.
- conducting ongoing investigations into the rendition and the secret
detention of ghost prisoners in the so-called war on terror.
How you can help
Here are FIVE THINGS that you can do:
1. Sign up to Reprieve’s “Stop Torture Music” initiative by contacting [email protected]
2. If you are a musician adopt the No Torture clause into your contract. Contact [email protected] for details
3. Let us film you making a statement supporting the initiative for a video that Reprieve is producing
4. Promote Reprieve’s Stop Torture Music initiative on your website. Tell other musicians. Spread the word.
5. Fundraise for Reprieve. Hold benefit gigs. Donate. Reprieve is entirely dependent on grants and fundraisers to continue its work.
- Reprieve.org.uk (Official)
Celebrity supporters 3
Reprieve has received support from the following celebrities:
Kudos from readers for Reprieve New
Be the first to give kudos to Reprieve