As the Look to the Stars UK Correspondent and Photographer I get to see many inspiring things throughout the year. I’ve seen charities raise two million pounds and I’ve helped raise over £50,000 for good causes.
Last Christmas I held a very special Christmas party at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. I work as Trustee for the Children With AIDS Charity. I’ve sent gifts to children in England, Romania, Kenya and India. I’ve also held a Christmas party at Great Ormond Street Hospital in the past. I feel that it’s an honour and a privilege to be in a position which enables me to make a positive difference. Helping the children is the most rewarding thing that I do as a Trustee and a fundraiser.
For the event I was supported by Hayley Mac who is Miss Galaxy 2010. We met at the Butterfly Ball. Whilst we were talking I soon discovered that we share a passion for supporting good causes. Hayley said that she really enjoyed meeting children. They really like her crown and I’ve heard that they confuse Hayley with a real Princess. I’m so pleased that she attended my Christmas party. I know that she added a little bit of magic to the children’s day.
I’d like to thank Sony and Paramount Pictures for supplying us with gifts for the children.
I’d also like to thank BrightMinds Ltd and Rob at ToysGamesGifts.com for donating toys.
My thanks goes out to Hayley Louise Butcher who encouraged me to make things happen.
You can write to me by sending an e-mail to Richardb@looktothestars.org.
Richard’s photos of celebrity charity events can be seen on Flickr.
Most recent articles by Richard Barker
- LTTS Exclusive - Mothers4Children Benefits From Elemis Charity Event on February 11, 2010
- LTTS Exclusive - The Sugababes Help Fight Cervical Cancer In Style on February 1, 2010
- LTTS Exclusive - My Favourite Dress For Save The Children on January 18, 2010
- LTTS Exclusive - Clive Anderson Hosts Charity Carol Concert on December 24, 2009
- LTTS Exclusive - Capital Rocks For Charity on December 16, 2009