Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher have been joined by a host of their celebrity friends – including Justin Timberlake, Sean Penn, Jamie Foxx, Drake, Jason Mraz and Bradley Cooper – for a new video initiative to fight child sex slavery.
Demi and Ashton are using their charity – the DNA Foundation – to launch the campaign, with its message that “Real Men Don’t Buy Girls.” According to CNN, 100,000 to 300,000 American children between 11 and 14 are vulnerable to being sold for sex every year.
“The average age of a girl involved in the sex trade is 13,” said Kutcher. "And the average man who buys a girl is 30-years-old, has no prior criminal record, and has a well-paying job.
“Once someone goes on record saying they are or aren’t going to do something, they tend to be a bit more accountable. We wanted to make something akin to a pledge: ‘real men don’t buy girls, and I am a real man.’
“At the end of the day anyone and everyone can be involved in this campaign. The minute you like our Facebook page, you’re already one step closer to this three-step-process, you’ve made an advocacy video that you can share. One minute of your time might be all a girl needs to save her from sex trafficking.”
You can play a critical role in spreading the word about the campaign by creating your own personalized video and sharing it with friends. To participate:
- Go to the DNA Foundation Facebook page. Click on the “Real Men” application tab.
- The application will allow guests to insert their own photo into the celebrity video – in order to create their very own “Real Men” video.
- After the video is created, they can share it with their friends by posting on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- The goal is for as many people as possible to watch the videos, create a personalized video, and spread the word about child sex slavery.
- All videos can be viewed at www.demiandashton.org/realmen.
The Demi and Ashton Foundation (DNA) was founded in 2010 by Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher to help abolish modern day slavery, punish perpetrators and free the innocent and exploited victims. The DNA Foundation is committed to protecting the freedom of the world’s most vulnerable citizens by forcing sex slavery out of the shadows and into the spotlight.
To watch the video and find out more about the campaign, visit the DNA Foundation website.