The new album will be available from Starbucks in the US and Canada from May 1 to May 29. It follows last year’s successful release that featured artists such as Madonna, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, the Dixie Chicks, Gwyneth Paltrow, Patti Scialfa and Bruce Springsteen, Martha Wainwright, Jennifer Lopez and others.
“I went to friends first, as I did with the first CD,” Turlington Burns told Rolling Stone. "Bono and Chris Martin were great supporters of the project the first time around, and when I knew I wanted to include men on this album they were obvious choices. They are also both fathers to daughters. Others, such as Patti Smith and Rita Wilson, I’ve known for a long time, and some, like Edie Brickell and Paul Simon, I only met briefly but was a huge admirer. I generally wanted a diverse group of artists who were parents, or in the case of Edward Sharpe, who will be soon. We wanted to reach a broad audience on this issue with this particular project and with a range of perspectives."
The new CD features:
- Bono and The Edge: “Original of the Species” (acoustic)
- Eddie Vedder: " Skipping"
- Paul Simon and Edie Brickell: “Pretty Day”
- Faith Hill: “Wish for You”
- Sade “The Sweetest Gift”
- Lauryn Hill: “I Remember”
- Rita Wilson: “Baby I’m Yours”
- Diana Krall: “Don’t Fence Me In”
- Seal: “Secret”
- Dave Matthews Band: “Sister” (live)
- Sting: “Fragilidad”
- Alanis Morissette: “Magical Child”
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros: “Mother”
- David Bowie: “Everyone Says ‘Hi’”
- Cedella Marley: “Get Up Stand Up”
- Beck: “Corrina, Corrina”
- Rufus Wainwright: “Instead of the Dead”
- Patti Smith: “Somalia”
- Coldplay: “Yellow” (acoustic)