A new charity auction is giving the chance of a lifetime to a budding adventurer – Skype with James Cameron when you and a friend tour his Deepsea Challenger with its Chief Scientist on February 16 in Santa Barbara.
On March 26, 2012, National Geographic Explorer James Cameron made a record-breaking solo dive to the Earth’s deepest point.
Enjoy this truly special and unique opportunity to visit the submarine that went to the greatest depth of the water in a intimate evening where the Deepsea Challenger is being kept. This is an unprecedented opportunity to see something previously seen only by members of Camerons’ expedition team.
The auction lot includes:
- a local organic plant-based meal
- Tour the inside of the submarine with engineers who helped create it and who were on the expedition
- Opportunity to take photos with the submarine and get inside the simulator
- Take home foam that was used on the submarine for flotation signed by James Cameron
- James Cameron will Skype in for a discussion, Q & A and a toast
Donations will benefit the Emerging STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) program at MUSE School.
The auction is open until Feb 12, and can be accessed via CharityBuzz.com.