Look to the Stars is the web's number one source of celebrity charity news and information, covering what the top stars are doing to make a positive difference in the world. The site includes exclusive interviews and a database where fans can learn about their favorite stars' good deeds.
Publications and websites such as the BBC, the Associated Press, Forbes, Celebrity Society Magazine and E! Online come to us for information, and our broad readership includes fans and those working in the non-profit sector.
How this site came about
The site was launched in 2006 by a husband-and-wife team, Steve & Myrlia Purcell, and is entirely the work of an unfunded team.
Myrlia wanted to create a site to publicize the many wonderful things that celebrities are doing to help the world. We hope to help charities by inspiring their celebrity supporters' fans to follow their heroes' example.
Together with features editor Tim Saunders, Steve and Myrlia continue to manage, update and grow the site with help from a number of other volunteers dotted around the globe.
We work hard to promote charities, and are not paid by the celebrities or charities, so our work is supported by subscriptions. If this site is valuable to you, please consider taking out a subscription.
- Myrlia Purcell - Founder & Senior Editor
- Steve Purcell - Founder & Technical Director
- Tim Saunders - Feature and News Editor
- Edward Martin - Chief Marketing Officer
- Delinda Lombardo - Special Correspondent
- Elizabeth Willoughby - International Correspondent
- Regina Walton - Writer
- Misty Schwartz - Correspondent
- Catrina K. Sally
- Renita Manley-Garrett - Chicago Correspondent
- Scott Cable - New York Correspondent
- Brandy Reynolds - Writer/Researcher
- Christopher Kai - Producer/Correspondent
- Jennifer Conroy - Los Angeles Correspondent
- Anastasia Reid - Wellington Youth Reporter, Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand
- Abigail Johnson - Christchurch Youth Reporter, Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand
- Taleah Rochelle - Auckland Youth Reporter, Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand
- Ashley Aponte - New York Correspondent
- Josephine Ripeka Raukawa - NZ Correspondent
- Lollie Hancock - UK Correspondent
- Laurianna Taylor - Researcher
- Allen Young - Biographer
- Ed Stephon - Researcher
We love to help like-minded organizations put their products and services in front of our engaged readership.Find out more about advertising here →