The Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN) proudly presents the 2019 Walk to Fight Lymphedema & Lymphatic Diseases.
You’re invited to join LE&RN’s Spokesperson and Academy Award-winner, Kathy Bates who will be kicking off the California Run/Walk and with hundreds of LE&RN supporters in their fight against lymphedema and lymphatic diseases. You can run or walk this 5K course on behalf of the estimated 10 million Americans and 250 million worldwide who are fighting this Lymphedemic. LE&RN’s mission is to fight lymphatic disease and lymphedema through education, research and advocacy.
More people are affected by these diseases in the U.S. than suffer from Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, Parkinson’s Disease, and AIDS – combined. LE, an incurable and chronic disease that results in disfiguring and disabling swelling of body parts, affects an estimated 15% of all cancer survivors and up to 30% of breast cancer survivors. Those afflicted with Primary LE are born with the disease, but can develop symptoms at any time. Yet our community suffers from a lack of awareness, misdiagnoses, and a shortage of treatment facilities, leading to a “Lymphedemic.”
- Date: June 23, 2019
- Time: 8am – 12pm
- Location: Crescent Bay Park in Santa Monica/Ocean Park, 2000 Ocean Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405 (right next to Casa del Mar)
- Registration/Check-in: Begins at 8:00 am and closes at 9:00 am. Please visit the registration table to check-in and receive your t-shirt (while supplies last)
- Parking: There is metered parking on Ocean Ave./Barnard Way and the larger beach lots, located directly adjacent to the event site. To access the main beach lot, please enter on Bicknell Ave. from Ocean Ave. or Main Street. 10 Bicknell Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90405 – takes you right to the parking entrance
- Distance: 5K
- Cost: $40 for adults and $30 for students (22 and under)
- Website: www.grouprev.com/CALymphWalk2019