The Carter Center’s annual Winter Weekend auction held on February 7 at Port St. Lucie and featured last month on Look To The Stars has raised $817,590 to help support the work of the not-for-profit Center, advancing peace and health worldwide.
The highest bid item at the fundraiser was an original painting by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, which sold for $100,000. More than 100 auction items, including a baseball signed by President Barack Obama, historic memorabilia from the White House, presidential elections, the space race, and American sports were offered for public auction.
Some of the highest fundraisers included:
- The only baseball in the world hand-signed by five U.S. presidents (Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, George Bush Sr, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush), which sold for $82,500;
- Fly fishing trip with President and Mrs. Carter at the fabulous Brigadoon Lodge, which sold for $80,000;
- A handmade Manuel Rodriguez classical guitar, which sold for $65,000;
- Three giclee prints of artwork by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, which sold for $26,000 each;
- A baseball signed by U.S. President Barack Obama, which sold for $8,000.
To view all winning bids:
The Winter Weekend silent auction netted $32,240, while the live auction raised $785,350.