By Regina Walton on
The auction, which will take place on eBay, runs from March 10 to March 17, and the winner will receive a VIP package for two which features:
- Two lower level tickets to the March 21, 2008 Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets game.
- Post-game meet & greet and photo opportunity with John Legend and Stephen Jackson at limited-access VIP reception.
- A special Thank You Message on the JumboTron in recognition of the winning bid.
- Pre-game behind the scenes and locker-room tour.
- Autographed sheet music of John Legend.
- Autographed photo of Stephen Jackson.
- Two-night stay at the luxurious W Hotel San Francisco.
- Round-trip ground transportation from hotel to the game.
- Two $500 airline gift cards.
After returning from Ghana in 2007, John felt compelled to launch The Show Me Campaign.
“Seeing what I saw in Ghana and Tanzania and learning that real change for these people is within our collective grasp, I knew I had to do something and I wanted my fans to join me. The aim of the village is to get people onto the ladder of development so they can climb off on their own. It’s a hand up, not a handout,” said the singer.
The mission of Legend’s Show Me Campaign is “…to fight economic and spiritual poverty through fostering sustainable development at the individual, family and small community levels. The Show Me Campaign works closely with Millennium Promise and local community leaders to alleviate poverty (through agriculture, heath, and education supports) in Mbola, a remote Millennium Village in northwest Tanzania — all funds raised will benefit this effort. The funds will be accepted by the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) and distributed directly to The Show Me Campaign.”
Copyright © 2008 Look to the Stars