Vanity Fair vice president and publisher Edward J. Menicheschi has announced the slate of events for the 14th installment of Campaign Hollywood, the magazine’s annual, week-long celebration leading up to the Academy Awards.
Co-sponsored by Vanity Fair advertisers including the Chrysler brand and L’Oréal Paris, Campaign Hollywood reflects the glamour, art, and excitement of Oscar Week in Hollywood, while spotlighting brands and charities in a way that only Vanity Fair can. This year also marks the 100th anniversary of the magazine.
The Chrysler brand has returned as the automotive sponsor of Campaign Hollywood 2013 for the third year. By partnering with Vanity Fair, Chrysler will allow the magazine’s V.I.P. guests to arrive in luxury throughout Campaign Hollywood week in the sophisticated and smart 2013 Chrysler 300, as well as experience the latest 2013 Fiat 500. In addition, Chrysler will host a private cocktail party at Eveleigh restaurant to toast the cast of the Academy Award–nominated film, Les Misérables, in support of The Los Angeles Fund for Public Education on Wednesday, February 20.
L’Oréal is once again the exclusive beauty sponsor of Campaign Hollywood. L’Oréal Paris, Lancôme, and Clarisonic brands will be represented at select events throughout the week by way of product displays, sampling, and touch-up stations. The beauty brand also will host D.J. Night with actress Freida Pinto, featuring a special performance by D.J. AcE to support 10 × 10, a campaign that supports the education of girls around the world through film and social media advocacy.
In celebration of Campaign Hollywood, Vanity Fair will host dedicated Campaign Hollywood displays throughout the week at Hollywood and Highland and Westfield Century City. Consumers will have the opportunity to interact with a branded Campaign Hollywood Chrysler Varvatos 2013 Luxury Edition display at Hollywood and Highland and a 2013 Fiat 500c display at Westfield Century City. Select Campaign Hollywood partners will be distributing product giveaways and prizes throughout the week. In addition, consumers will be encouraged to strike a pose in front of the vehicle displays and upload via Instagram, for a chance to win curated prizes from Vanity Fair and select partners. As an added bonus, Monday through Saturday afternoons, a makeup artist will be on-site at Hollywood and Highland to provide red carpet touch-up looks by L’Oréal Paris. Additionally, shoppers will have the opportunity to have their photo taken in the Vanity Fair Oscar night party photo booth which will be displayed in Barneys New York, Beverly Hills throughout the week.
“This year, Vanity Fair is celebrating its 100th anniversary, so it’s particularly fitting that we’re leading off with our favorite time of year—Oscar week,” Menicheschi said. “We have a blue-chip lineup of sponsors each with their own unique connection to Hollywood, and we’re thrilled to be able to raise a glass to the dreamers and the doers who make this one of the most remarkable places on earth.”
The Campaign Hollywood 2013 schedule of events is as follows:
- “Vanities” Calendar Celebration with Juicy Couture – Monday, February 18 – Vanity Fair and Juicy Couture, along with Vanity Fair senior west coast editor Krista Smith and The Newsroom actress and former “Vanities” subject Olivia Munn, will kick off Campaign Hollywood week by hosting the “Vanities” Calendar Celebration in support of the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, a member of Feeding America, at the Chateau Marmont. This invitation-only reception will feature a mix of past “Vanities” subjects, celebrities, and industry insiders, with music by D.J. Ms. Nix.
- D.J. Night with L’Oréal Paris – Tuesday, February 19 – Actress and L’Oréal Paris spokesperson, Freida Pinto, will join Vanity Fair and L’Oréal Paris to host a chic party at the newly reopened Teddy’s restaurant at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel featuring an exclusive performance by D.J. AcE. This invitation-only event will benefit 10 × 10, a campaign that supports the education of girls around the world through film and social media advocacy.
- Barneys New York Dinner to Toast Silver Linings Playbook – Wednesday, February 20 – Vanity Fair and Barneys New York will host a private dinner at the Chateau Marmont to toast the cast of the Academy Award–nominated film Silver Linings Playbook in support of The Glenholme School, a center of Devereux and a therapeutic school for students with special needs.
- Chrysler Brand Toast to Les Misérables – Wednesday, February 20 – Vanity Fair and the Chrysler brand will host a private cocktail party at Eveleigh restaurant to toast the cast of the Academy Award–nominated film Les Misérables in support of The Los Angeles Fund for Public Education.
- Beauty Luncheon with Lancôme and Clarisonic – Thursday, February 21 – Vanity Fair will join Lancôme and Clarisonic for a day of pampering hosted by Vanity Fair beauty director SunHee Grinnell at the Argyle Salon & Spa at Sunset Tower Hotel. Hollywood’s top makeup artists will be treated to Clarisonic facials, Lancôme makeup touch-ups, spa treatments, and a light lunch at this intimate, invitation-only event to benefit 10 × 10, a campaign that supports the education of girls around the world through film and social media advocacy.
- “Una Notte Verde” with Fiat – Thursday, February 21 – Vanity Fair and Fiat, along with Academy Award–winning composer Hans Zimmer and Academy Award–winning director Ron Howard, will host “Una Notte Verde,” a cocktail party at Cecconi’s West Hollywood to benefit The United Nations’s International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Green Jobs Programme. This invitation-only reception will feature celebrity guests, industry insiders, and supporters of the ILO, the U.N. agency, which sets international standards and promotes and protects fundamental rights at work.