Blackbaud, Inc., the leading provider of software and services for the global philanthropic community, today announced that its 16th annual conference for nonprofits, bbcon 2015, will take place in Austin, Texas, October 26–28 at the Austin Convention Center.
Each year bbcon convenes thousands of nonprofit change-makers to share the latest insights, trends and innovation — from fundraising and marketing strategies, to best practices for accounting and stewardship, to technology advancements, and more. This year, the conference will feature more than 200 expert-led sessions and will be joined by some of the world’s most noteworthy voices in the humanitarian movement.
One highlight of bbcon 2015 will be the focus on helping nonprofits advance their brands through excellence in storytelling. Nicholas Kristof, a two-time Pulitzer-Prize-winning reporter, New York Times Columnist, best-selling author and human rights advocate, will give the opening keynote.
Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated actress, author and global advocate for girls and women, Ashley Judd, will also take the main stage at bbcon as closing keynote speaker to share inspiring stories from her international humanitarian work.
Nonprofits will also have the opportunity to network with their peers and participate in educational sessions led by thought leaders and expert practitioners. Examples include:
• Blackbaud technology sessions hosted by the company’s executives and senior technologists, to include roadmaps, customer highlights and special announcements
• Big Idea sessions that bring together executives, technology gurus and nonprofit professionals to catalyze new ideas
• 10 minute ‘Ignite’ vignettes, power-packed with informative content by Austin-based leaders including Suzi Sosa, co-founder of Verb, Mike Nellis, chief executive officer of the Austin Community Foundation, and Robin Thurston, senior vice president of Under Armour
• A storytelling panel featuring Sean Sheridan, world-acclaimed humanitarian photojournalist; Marc Pitman, chief fundraising coach at com; and Vanessa Chase, Consultant for The Storytelling Non-Profit
• An array of breakout sessions packed with real-world learnings attendees can put to use in their roles today
“You will learn more than you think, meet amazing people, and come back with some amazing ideas,” said bbcon attendee, Ali Burke of Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation.
In addition, Blackbaud will also recognize leading organizations with its Nonprofit Impact Awards. The winner from each category will receive a donation to their organization and free registration to bbcon 2015 where they will be honored by Blackbaud and their peers.
bbcon will be co-located with MESC, an annual conference led by Blackbaud’s MicroEdge business, which provides leading solutions for other major players in the global philanthropic movement including corporations, foundations, other charitable giving organizations.
“We are so excited to welcome the global nonprofit community to a major Blackbaud hub, Austin, TX for what promises to be our best annual conference yet,” said Blackbaud CEO, Mike Gianoni. “Our commitment to the nonprofit community has never been stronger, and I think people are going to see and feel that when they experience bbcon 2015.”
For more information or to register, visit www.bbconference.com.