Maintaining its mission of philanthropy, Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care, returns to Washington DC with an expansion of its charitable motorcycle ride, LifeRide.
Kiehl’s LifeRide for Breast Cancer, Benefitting The Brem Foundation will take place over three days, Oct. 23-Oct. 25, riding from Richmond, VA to Washington DC, and around the metro DMV area.
This is a new version of Kiehl’s cross-country motorcycle ride inspired by Kiehl’s iconic motorcycle, spirit of adventure, and philanthropic heritage, and will benefit Washington DC’s The Brem Foundation, which helps women find breast cancer early, when they have the best chance for survival. The Brem Foundation educates women about their risk factors and screening options, provides access to diagnostic tests for uninsured women, and funds the only breast-imaging training program that requires community service.
The ride will specifically support the foundation’s B-Fund, paying for women to get critical diagnostic tests when they can’t afford those tests. The fund pays for those diagnostic tests within two weeks of a woman’s abnormal screening mammogram, maximizing their chances of finding an early, curable breast cancer.
“For Kiehl’s, LifeRide is about making noise about a cause that we passionately believe in, about physically going out into our community and reaching our customers face to face,” said Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl’s USA, and a motorcycle enthusiast since he was a teenager. “We’re proud to return to DC to make more noise for Breast Cancer because the latest CDC data says that DC still has the highest death rate from breast cancer than any other state in the US. If we can help move those numbers in any way, we will do so.”
Kiehl’s President Chris Salgardo will lead the motorcycle riders, including actors Katee Sackhoff, Gilles Marini, and HGTV’s Anthony Carrino, from Richmond, VA to Washington DC, making stops to meet customers, raise awareness for The Brem Foundation, and invite the public to contribute to efforts that provide all women with access to life-saving services. The riders will educate customers with the help of Dr. Rachel Brem, the organization’s Chief Medical Advisor and Andrea Wolf, its President and CEO.
“The Brem Foundation could not be more excited to partner with Kiehl’s,” Wolf said. “Together we will use the LifeRide to pave a path to a world where early-detection prevails and far fewer women die from breast cancer.”
The ride concludes with a finale at Kiehl’s in Georgetown, and the official announcement of Kiehl’s donation of $10,000 to The Brem Foundation.
Kiehl’s LifeRide for Breast Cancer, Benefitting The Brem Foundation is just one of Kiehl’s efforts for Breast Cancer this year. The company also has a national partnership with Bright Pink, a national non-profit focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women, on a limited-edition product to benefit the organization and raise awareness for breast health education.
JOIN THE RIDE!
The public is invited to join the festivities at the following stops:
• MONDAY, OCT. 23, 2017
◦ Kiehl’s at Dillard’s Short Pump Town Center, 11824 W. Broad St., Richmond, VA, 12:00-1:00 PM
• TUESDAY, OCT. 24, 2017
◦ Kiehl’s at Bloomingdale’s at The Shops at Wisconsin Place, 5300 Western Ave., Chevy Chase, MD, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
◦ Kiehl’s Since 1851, Tysons Corner Center, 1961 Chain Bridge Rd., McLean, VA, 1:00-2:00 PM
• WEDNESDAY, OCT. 25, 2017
◦ Kiehl’s Since 1851, 3110 M St., Washington DC, 1:00 PM–2:00 PM
Kiehl’s customers nationwide can also raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer prevention and early detection throughout October.
• Post a photo blowing a kiss, and tag @Kiehls and hashtag #KISSFORTHECURE. Kiehl’s will donate $1 for every post, up to $35,000, to The Brem Foundation and Bright Pink.
• Limited Edition #KissForTheCure Butterstick Lip Duo: 100% of purchase price from the sale of this product, up to $25,000, will benefit Bright Pink, a national non-profit focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women. $32.
• Donate in-store. All Kiehl’s retail stores nationwide will be accepting donations for The Brem Foundation and Bright Pink. To find your closest store, please visit the store locator on Kiehls.com.
To find out more about LifeRide and Kiehl’s projects to support women’s health, click here.