Jackie Chan has launched a great new competition for budding young artists as part of a new charity initiative.
The Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Beijing is set to launch the Dragon's Heart School Safety Teaching Program in schools around China and they want you to design cartoons of the new Seven Little Fortunes for each chapter title page that will feature in the Dragon’s Heart School Safety campaign folders.
On September 12, 2010, China’s Ministry of Education Teacher Development Foundation announced the start of the Dragon’s Heart School Safety Teacher Training Program and, at the same time established a foundation specifically for the Dragon’s Heart School Safety campaign.
The Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Beijing donated 1 million RMB to jump start the Dragon’s Heart School Safety Teacher Training Program and the Dragon’s Heart School Safety Foundation. This specifically designated foundation will also donate several thousand sets of Planning School Safety Work Folders to schools around China, which will be used for teacher training and school exercises.
These folders will contain six main chapters which outline an important step in school safety:
- As a teacher, what is your correct initial response in an event of an emergency
- In response to an emergency, what methods should be used to contact staff and people in charge within the school and outside of school
- Plan of action for evacuating people to open areas or away from school grounds
- Methods of contacting parents of all students currently enrolled
- All school contingency plans
- The meaning of different coded flags that are hung outside main schools gates
The Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Beijing would like you to design a cartoon guard for each of the chapters above using the image of one of the new Seven Little Fortunes. Ideally, when teachers and students look at these cartoons, they will be able to recognize the image and associate it with an important step in school safety.
The closing date of the competition is December 15. To find out the full details, click here.