NCDV works in close partnership with the police, local firms of existing solicitors and other support agencies (Refuge, Women’s Aid etc) to help survivors of domestic abuse obtain speedy protection through the civil courts. Their aim is simple: Protection for All, Now.
NCDV & Domestic Violence Core Facts
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men will be a victim of DV
- The Met Police receive one 999 DV related 999 call per minute, 24 hours a day
- DV is the biggest killer of women aged 19-45, more than cancer, road accidents or war
- NCDV has now obtained over 20000 emergency injunctions, sometimes obtaining up to 60 per day – they receive over 6000 calls a month
- They have trained over 3000 police officers and 2500 law students. NCDV is a registered charity (1115360) operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and receive no state or government funding, relying solely on donations and voluntary support.
- The service is available to anybody, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or financial circumstances.
Celebrity supporters 1
National Centre for Domestic Violence has received support from the following celebrities listed on this site: