Independent Label Market is delighted to announce that for this year’s London market it will be partnering up with The Vinyl Factory to produce 10 super exclusive vinyl releases. This auction, in conjunction with Oxfam, is a chance to win a complete set of all 10 exclusive records. All proceeds will go to Oxfam’s Syria Crisis Appeal.
A host of very exciting names from the forefront of the UK’s independent music scene have each donated a track to this one-off collection. From the shimmering melodies and disjointed loops of J£zus Million and Charli XCX, to the sounds of an excursion to Ethiopia with Fresh Touch featuring Damon Albarn, Flea, Alex Kapranos and Nick Zinner, this limited series will be among the most sought after items at this summer’s event.
Also featuring in this unique catalogue is a rare vinyl outing for Swamp 81 founder Loefah, along with ultra rare and exclusive remixes from the likes of Liquid Liquid, Four Tet and Factory Floor.
The Vinyl Factory is an independent British label that brings together music and art across a range of collaborative projects, exhibitions, events and bespoke vinyl editions. In existence since 2001, The Vinyl Factory now encompasses gallery spaces in London, FACT magazine and Phonica records. They are teaming up with Independent Label Market this summer and will be pressing 50 copies of each exclusive track, all of which will be sold at the London event at Old Spitalfields Market on the 13th of July.
The 180gram 12" vinyl records feature an etching on the b-side, are individually hand numbered, and presented in a screenprinted die-cut heavyweight disco sleeve. They will be sold for £10 and will be limited to only one copy per customer. All proceeds will go to Oxfam’s Syria Crisis Appeal.
Oxfam’s Syria Crisis Appeal aims to provide shelter, food and water to those affected by the violent conflict in Syria. Oxfam aim to help 650,000 people in the coming months but they cannot do it alone. Donate to their Syria Crisis Appeal or sign their petition. Calling for more aid: www.oxfam.org.uk/syria.
- Fresh Touch – ‘Latest Style’ (Angular Records)
- Beth Orton – ‘Carmella (Four Tet remix)’ (Heavenly)
- Tim Burgess – ‘The Doors Of Then (Factory Floor – Dominic Butler ’Michael Cliffe House remix’)’ (O Genesis)
- Django Django – Love’s Dart (Liquid Liquid remix) (Because)
- Loefah feat. Trigga – ‘Western (Did A Skank)’ (Swamp 81)
- Planningtorock – ‘The One (Bolton remix)’ (Human Level)
- The Wave Pictures – ‘Lisbon’ (Moshi Moshi)
- Editors – ‘Ton Of Love (Acoustic Version)’ (Play It Again Sam)
- Scott & Charlene’s Wedding – ‘No Fun’ (Fire)
- J£zus Million feat. Charli XCX – ‘Illusions Of’ (Double Denim)
To access the auction, which runs until July 14, visit eBay.co.uk.