Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation (BTWF) is excited to announce the “#BRAVEStamp” campaign – a nationwide call-to-action to promote youth empowerment, mental wellness, kindness and bravery in tandem with the Born Brave Bus Tour fundraising campaign.
Starting today through August 23rd, fans and supporters are encouraged to create and show off their #BRAVEstamp on CrowdRise, a crowd-funding platform that makes giving to charitable causes fun using incentives and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
The #BRAVEStamp campaign and the Born Brave Bus Tour are efforts to build a sense of community and promote self-acceptance. The Born Brave Bus Tour is an experience that provides incredible mental wellness resources to young people across the country. Participants raising donations on CrowdRise will be entered to win amazing prizes including a trip to the VMA’s or an iPod with a playlist created directly by Lady Gaga.
Here’s how to get involved:
1. COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE
I am brave for…
Whether it’s a saying, a movement, a personal experience, or a person’s name, we want you to get real. Write it on your arm, stomach, face or leg, and then snap a pic.
2. SHOW UP
Set up a fundraising page on CrowdRise and use the image with your BRAVE Stamp on it as the main pic.
3. STEP ON THE GAS
Share your new CrowdRise profile and BRAVE Stamp with everyone you know, and ask them to donate to your page and start fundraising themselves! Donations will fuel the Born Brave Bus tour, a modern-day “youth tailgate” that provides incredible resources to young people across the country.
4. WIN BIG
You gave to us. Now it’s time for us to give back.
Right now through Monday, August 5th, for each $30 you raise you’ll be entered to Win a Trip for you and a friend to the MTV Video Music Awards. So, if you raise $120 you’ll be entered 4 times to win. No, we’re not kidding. There are also a bunch of unbelievable prizes for fundraisers and donors including:
- Raise $150 between July 23-August 4 and you could be one of 25 winners to get Lady Gaga’s Fame Perfume.
- Raise or Donate $49 between August 5-11 for a chance to win 1 of 25 pieces of merchandise from Lady Gaga’s Barney New York campaign.
- Donate or Raise $200 between August 9-23 for a chance to win Lady Gaga’s iPod w/ full playlist.
- Between July 23-August 19, the first 10 people to raise $1,000 total will receive a personalized Thank You from Lady Gaga on Facebook.
- Between July 23-August 21, donate $29 for a chance to win a “Groupie Experience” at the Born Brave Bus Tour closest to you.
“Lady Gaga and her incredible fan base are forces of good, the scale and intensity of which we rarely see,” said CrowdRise Co-founder and philanthropist Edward Norton. “I couldn’t be more excited to see how far this crowd goes for the Born This Way Foundation.”
It’s time to get on board. Be Brave. Spread the Word. Get Inked.