Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will be a special guest at tomorrow’s Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves third anniversary event in NYC.
The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves was launched in 2010 at the Clinton Global Initiative by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. An evening program and reception will celebrate Alliance and partner achievements on the occasion of its third anniversary, and major new commitments will be announced in support of the Alliance’s efforts to create a global market for clean cookstoves and fuels.
Such a market is necessary because 3 billion people cook with solid fuels each day, resulting in 4 million deaths annually from diseases, injuries, and environmental impacts associated with household air pollution. Only high blood pressure, alcohol, and tobacco claim more lives worldwide.
• Hillary Rodham Clinton, Former U.S. Secretary of State
• Jacques Brand, CEO, Deutsche Bank, Americas
• Kathy Calvin, President and CEO, United Nations Foundation
• David Martin, Royal Dutch Shell plc
• Radha Muthiah, Executive Director, Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
• Otto Pérez Molina, President, Republic of Guatemala
• Mary Robinson, former President of Ireland, and President, Mary Robinson Foundation – Climate Justice
• Kandeh Yumkella, Special Advisor, Sustainable Energy for All, and Chair, UN Energy
Thursday, September 26th | 6:00pm
Hilton Midtown | 1335 Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue & 54th Street)| New York, NY 10019