Nikki Reed, actress and singer-songwriter, joins premium chocolatier Lindt USA to launch the sixth Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction to benefit the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization, Autism Speaks.
Reed, who has a personal connection to the autism cause, is excited to help Lindt raise funds and awareness. She is joining more than 60 celebrities – from Scarlett Johansson, Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, and Owen Wilson – participating in this year’s auction by donating autographs. Now through March 20, 2015, fans can go online to LindtGOLDBUNNYAuction.com and bid on celebrity-signed porcelain figures of the iconic Lindt GOLD BUNNY, with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting Autism Speaks to help support people with autism and their families.
“It is an honor to join Lindt and help launch the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction. I’m excited to raise funds and awareness for autism, and continue to support a cause that’s very close to my heart,” said Reed. “I am a proud supporter of Autism Speaks, and I’m dedicated to helping other families affected by autism. Lindt is making it easy for people to get involved and give back this Easter season.”
Sixty five celebrities, including A-list movie and television stars, celebrity chefs, powerhouse singers, all-star athletes and supermodels have lent their signatures to the cause this year. The autographed bunnies will be showcased on LindtGOLDBUNNYAuction.com, where fans can bid on the figures.
“We are thrilled to be joined by Nikki Reed for the launch of this year’s Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction and are proud to see how one small bunny continues to make a big difference in support of Autism Speaks,” said Thomas Linemayr, president and CEO of Lindt USA. “We are inspired by the stories of those within the autism community, and encourage Lindt fans to get involved in the auction and celebrate this Easter season by giving back.”
In addition to the funds raised through the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction, Lindt is donating 10 cents to Autism Speaks for every Lindt GOLD BUNNY purchased at retailers nationwide, Lindt Chocolate Shops, and www.Lindt.com, up to $100,000. The iconic Lindt GOLD BUNNY is the only bunny that gives back during the Easter season, thanks to the brand’s partnership with Autism Speaks. All of the funds raised during the 2015 Lindt Easter program will help Autism Speaks support people with autism and their families in a variety of ways, including toolkits for all stages of life, insurance reform, grants for community programs, scholarships, and housing and employment initiatives for adults, among others. Since 2009, Lindt has helped generate more than $700,000 for Autism Speaks through its Easter program.
In addition to the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction, Lindt is sweetening the spring season for chocolate lovers with contests and innovative ideas for all things Easter. Lindt offers a variety of signature products, including Lindt GOLD BUNNY, LINDOR Eggs and seasonal figures, as well as inspiration for creating unique centerpieces, elegant Easter baskets and special memories with family and friends. Now through Easter, Lindt is offering fans the opportunity to get social and win prizes online, including:
• Virtual Easter Egg Hunt: Celebrate an “EGGS-CELLENT Easter” by following Lindt on Pinterest now through April 5, 2015 to find and re-pin Lindt LINDOR Eggs for a chance to win Lindt chocolate prizes.
• Where in the World is Lindt GOLD BUNNY?: Lindt GOLD BUNNY is popping up around the globe, and now through April 5, 2015, fans can Instagram a photo of the Lindt GOLD BUNNY using #LindtGOLDBUNNY for a chance to win chocolate prizes from Lindt.
• Celebrate Easter Traditions: On March 24, 2015, follow the hashtag #LindtGOLDBUNNY on Twitter to join Lindt and Mom it Forward for an Easter discussion as they share tips and traditions for the Easter season, including decor, recipes and more.
• Giveaways Galore: Now through Easter, Lindt is hosting surprise chocolate giveaways on Facebook to bring a little joy to the season. The page features many chances for fans to win premium Lindt chocolate for themselves and their friends.
• Lindt Unwrapped: The official Lindt blog, Lindt Unwrapped, is filled with Easter inspiration and ideas for building Easter baskets, making decorative centerpieces, and creating Easter recipes for the most fun and festive spring season yet.