The Midnight Mission will hold its annual Golden Heart Awards Gala this week.
The Golden Heart Awards Gala jointly honors TMM’s long-standing legacy to the City’s neediest individuals and families as well as those whose contributions embrace the organization’s transformative spirit of giving. The ceremony is TMM’s annual fundraiser.
This year’s honorees include:
- Mike Glick, LA & SF Specialty & Chefs to End Hunger Founder, leads a wholesale produce, dairy and specialty food distributor for local fine dining establishments that has piloted CTEH. The program redistributes excess prepared foods to local food agencies including The Midnight Mission (TMM).
- Honorable Judge Craig Mitchell, Los Angeles Superior Court, started a running club at TMM in 2012. Under his guidance, an unlikely group of homeless athletes has participated in half marathons and the LA Marathon. Judge Mitchell has even taken top performers on marathons in Africa and Rome.
- Bob Romeo CEO, The Academy of Country Music, is a top talent buyer and music promoter and an avid TMM supporter.
- WHEN: Thursday Oct. 1, at 6 pm PST
6 – 7 p.m. Gold Carpet Arrivals (Inside Beverly Wilshire hotel)
7 – 9 p.m. Presentation of honoree awards and a musical performance by Jake Owen
- WHERE: Beverly Wilshire Hotel, 9500 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills
Founded in 1914, TMM offers a path to self sufficiency to men, woman and children who have lost everything. Their emergency services, 12-step philosophy, education and work programs offer a compassionate bridge to productive lives. For more information, visit www.midnightmission.org.