For the 8th year, WhyHunger and Charitybuzz have partnered to offer once-in-a-lifetime experiences and access, and signature merchandise, to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. at charitybuzz.com/hungerthon.
Each fall, WhyHunger’s Hungerthon taps into the power of radio personalities, listeners, celebrities and generous donors to raise millions for the fight to end hunger and provide nutritious food for all. Funds raised through the Hungerthon Charitybuzz auction are invested in long-term, community-based solutions throughout communities in America.
The Hungerthon campaign also includes celebrity-driven merchandise at hungerthon.org, events , social media activation with #Hungerthon, and a live radiothon broadcast on CBS New York and Cumulus New York on Tuesday, November 21.
“We believe that nutritious food is human right and hunger is a solvable problem,” said Noreen Springstead, WhyHunger Executive Director. “There is power in community, and Hungerthon is the perfect time to come together, take action and make a difference in the fight against hunger. With the help of the community and partners, like CBS Radio New York, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Cumulus New York, iHeartMedia and Charitybuzz, we can continue our work to help more families access healthy, affordable food and advance social justice.”
The Hungerthon Charitybuzz auction includes a diverse array of lots, including:
• Meet Hoda Kotb on The Hoda Show on SiriusXM Today Show Radio in NYC
• Meet Willie Nelson with two tickets to Willie Nelson & Family New Year on Dec. 31 (ACL Live at The Moody Theater in Austin, TX)
• Join Andy Cohen in-studio for his SiriusXM radio show in NYC, plus a photo opportunity
• New York Knicks pre-game “ballkid” experience with two tickets to the Jan. 30 game at Madison Square Garden
• Meet Brian Setzer with two tickets to SiriusXM Presents The Brian Setzer Orchestra’s 14th Annual Christmas Rocks! On Dec. 19 in Los Angeles, plus a signed Hot Rod Model Gretsch Guitar
• Acoustic guitar signed by the cast of NBC’s hit show This Is Us
“Hungerthon is a crucial annual campaign to provide one of the most basic needs – food – to thousands of underserved individuals right in our own backyard,” said Ben Erwin, General Manager of Charitybuzz. “Charitybuzz is honored to continue working with WhyHunger to raise funds and awareness to end hunger in the U.S. Not only is the cause vitally important, but the auction experiences and items are unmatched.”
Charitybuzz is the original and most connected online auction platform for nonprofits, offering exclusive opportunities for bidders to live their dreams and make a difference. To learn more and participate in Hungerthon, visit charitybuzz.com/hungerthon now through December 13.