Black Enterprise hosts its 14th annual Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit on Thursday, Feb. 28 to Sunday, March 3, at The Mirage in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Summit, hosted by ADP, is the leading executive development conference for women and annually welcomes more than 1,000 mid- to senior-level power players and C-suite executives from across the country.
This year’s conference highlights include:
- The Women of Power Legacy Awards dinner honoring those who blazed trails and redefined the standard of success for women of color. This year’s recipients are Chaka Khan: singer, songwriter, actor, and activist; Cynthia Marshall: CEO, Dallas Mavericks; Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie: 10th Episcopal District AME Church; and Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alice Walker.
- Wall Street veteran Carla Harris will have a frank exploration of unconscious biases and fears in the workplace, and will provide specific proactive steps you can take to include those who don’t look like you as part of the solution you and your organization needs.
- Georgia’s gubernatorial candidate and rising Democratic star Stacey Abrams will discuss key takeaways from her historic campaign.
- 45-minute executive one-on-one coaching to sharpen attendees’ winning edge
- Valerie Jarrett, the ultimate White House insider and senior adviser to President Obama will open up about her journey as a daughter, mother, lawyer, business leader, and public servant with CNN Political Commentator, Symone D. Sanders.
- Michael Jackson One Show.
Now in its 14th year, the Women of Power Summit features influential speakers and one-on-one keynote sessions with top executives—many of whom are women of color themselves. In addition, the Summit offers more than 20 hours of lifestyle, leadership, and professional development workshops with countless opportunities to network with like-minded peers. Attendees will be empowered, inspired, and equipped with the necessary tools to implement a strategy for success beginning the moment the conference concludes.
“Every year, the Summit offers plenty that’s new: speakers, sponsors, topics that tap into emerging issues, and the unique challenges we face,” says Chief Brand Officer of the Women of Power Summit Caroline V. Clarke. “What never changes is our commitment to this audience’s success and their need for greater connection with each other. This event is relevant, resonant, and unparalleled, and we are so excited about this year.”
Confirmed speakers and awardees include:
Chaka Khan, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Activist
Cynthia Marshall, CEO, Dallas Mavericks
Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie, 10th Episcopal District AME Church
Alice Walker, Pulitzer Prize-winning Author
Pam El, Former CMO, NBA, PKE Global Services
Ann M. Fudge, Vice Chairman, Senior Independent Director, Unilever
Angelina Darrisaw, Founder, C-Suite Coach
Stacey Abrams Founder, Fair Fight
Mahisha Dellinger, Founder & CEO, Curls Beauty Brands
Valerie Jarrett, Former Senior Advisor, Obama Administration
Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO, AARP
Carolynn Johnson, Chief Operations Officer, DiversityInc
Evita Robinson, Founder, Nomadness Travel Tribe
Elisa Leary, VP, Human Resources, Macy’s
Symone D. Sanders, Political Commentator, CNN
Lisa Skeete Tatum, Founder & CEO, Landit
Lisa Wardell, President & CEO, Adtalem Global Education
Shellye Archambeau, Board Director, Verizon & Nordstrom
The host sponsor of the 2019 Women of Power Summit is ADP. Presenting sponsors include Accenture, AT&T, Dell, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Prudential, Toyota, and Walmart. Platinum sponsors are AARP, Georgia-Pacific/ Koch, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Macy’s; and Corporate sponsors are Apple, Bank of America, Dow, Estée Lauder, FedEx, Google, MGM and Southwest.
The Summit begins Thursday, Feb, 28 and concludes Sunday, March 3. To register and find out more information, visit www.blackenterprise.com/wps and follow @BlackEnterprise on Twitter.