Whether you dream of stealing style secrets from Ferruccio Ferragamo or hitting the high notes with Andrea Bocelli, turning heads in a Luigi De Laurentiis film or being in the presence of Pope Benedict XVI, you can help support these icons’ dreams of worldwide human rights.
The Robert F. Kennedy Foundation of Europe, in partnership with charitybuzz, the leading destination for online charity auctions, launches its third annual charity auction on June 23, featuring a star-studded line-up of coveted experiences donated by Italian arts, entertainment and cultural leaders, to raise funds for vital human rights work. The auction will run from June 23 to July 8 online at www.charitybuzz.com/rfkeurope.
This is the first international charity auction for both organizations, made possible through the newly launched charitybuzzEUROPE platform. charitybuzzEUROPE is available in Italian and features easy currency conversion for international bidders at www.charitybuzz.it. Bidding is open to the wordwide community.
“By bidding on these incredible experiences, people will be supporting cutting-edge human rights defenders from around the world, including those fighting for the right to water and reconstruction in Haiti, the victims of the BP oil disaster, citizens of Darfur working for the peace process, and more,” said Kerry Kennedy, honorary president of RFK Europe. “And, donors will help the next generation, including 180,000 Italian high school students now enrolled in the Speak Truth to Power human rights education curriculum, learning how to make change for a more just and peaceful world.”
Italian cultural icons including Ferruccio Ferragamo, Luigi De Laurentiis, Andrea Bocelli, Federica Pellegrini, Franca Sozzani, Pope Benedict XVI and many more have donated jaw-dropping experiences to raise funds for the European branch of the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, providing an ongoing base of support to human rights defenders around the world. More A-listers are joining the cause each day, and new auction items will be continuously added.
“We are working with the Robert F. Kennedy Foundation for the third year running, offering the most entertaining and significant opportunities in the sports and film sector,” said Luigi De Laurentiis, acclaimed film producer and champion of human rights. “We are honored to support this organization in its activities to promote and raise awareness on human rights, and to enhance social justice and equality in Europe, and we hope to continue collaborating in the years to come.”
This is the third annual summer auction for the RFK Foundation of Europe and its first charitybuzz auction. Support the RFK Foundation now by visiting www.charitybuzz.com/rfkeurope or www.charitybuzz.it/rfkeurope, and bid to give.
Auction highlights include:
- Meet Andrea Bocelli backstage after you see him Perform in Tuscany, Italy with front row seats
- Two VIP invitations to the MTV European Music Awards 2010
- Have lunch with Ferruccio Ferragamo, chairman of Ferragamo, and tour the Ferragamo Museum
- Spend a day with Franca Sozzani, Vogue Italia Editor in Chief
- Attend papal mass with Pope Benedict XVI and tour the Vatican
- Work as an extra in the next Luigi De Laurentiis film, FilmAuro
- Meet Italian swimming world champion, Federica Pellegrini
- Descend the slopes with Italian alpine skier, Giorgio Rocca
- Enjoy a day on the set of Carlo Verdone’s upcoming film plus two tickets to the premiere in Italy
- Watch a football match with Riccardo Garrone, President of Sampdoria
- Enjoy a luxurious weekend for two at the unique “Seven Stars” hotel in Milan, Italy
- Enjoy a day on the set of Giovanni Veronesi’s upcoming movie, “Manuale d’Amore 3” plus two tickets to the premiere in Rome, Italy
- Enjoy a fantastic 3-day stay at the Hotel Badrutt’s Palace (St. Moritz) in the Swiss Alps
- Enjoy a weekend stay in the low-emission zone of Northern Italy at the luxurious resort of Borgo Mustonate
- Learn from the best in a one-hour private golf lesson with Italian pro-golfer Diana Luna
- A pair of Caovilla’s shoes customized for the winner and a visit to Caovilla’s Company
- An Andrea Bargnani autographed Italian National Team vest
- Meet Editor-in-Chief Clemente Mimun and his staff behind the scenes of TG5 evening news
- Meet architect Mario Bellini and spend a day discovering the secrets of his success
- A weekend of wine tasting at the Ferrari Estate in Trent
The Robert F. Kennedy Foundation of Europe (RFK Europe) was established in Rome in 2005 as a non-partisan and politically unaligned non-profit-making, to realize Robert F. Kennedy’s dream of a more just and equal world. Working as a European branch of the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, RFK Europe commits its work to foster within each person an awareness of human rights and a sense of the individual’s capacity to affect change.
Human rights education and awareness raising through the educational package “Speak Truth to Power”, the exhibition of the powerful photographs by Eddie Adams, and the play “Voices From Beyond the Dark”, involve the exploration of human rights principles and instruments and the promotion of critical reflection and inquiry exploring the stories of 51 man and women who have committed their life to defending and promoting human rights worldwide.