Through a program run by Hollywood for Habitat for Humanity, proceeds from the auction will benefit Habitat For Humanity local affiliates in cities where the Music Builds Tour will play this summer and fall. Launched in 2000 with a 20 house “blitz build”, Hollywood for Habitat for Humanity (HFHFH) is an entertainment industry partnership with Habitat for Humanity. Actors, screenwriters, musicians, agents, directors, producers, studio executives and label executives are among the thousands of volunteers who have helped build homes for people in need, in the United States and around the world.
The winner in each city will receive two premium tickets to the show, a private meet and greet with the bands, tour merchandise, and an autographed copy of the new Third Day album “Revelation” (on-sale July 29).
HFHFH was founded by Screenwriter/Director Randall Wallace (Braveheart, We Were Soldiers) to support Habitat for Humanity’s goal of eliminating substandard housing by making decent, affordable housing a matter of conscience and action. Participants support the work through donations, volunteer hours and advocacy. HFHFH works in partnership with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles to help HFHFH volunteers connect donors and supporters to Habitat for Humanity’s work around the globe.
“We dreamed up The Music Builds Tour along with a few friends of ours whose main commonality is a dream to see this world change for the better,” said Chad from Switchfoot. “Different bands, different backgrounds, one goal: A traveling festival to raise money and awareness for Habitat for Humanity. We think very highly of the people who listen to our music. We are grateful for the open minded audience who have embraced our songs and allowed us to push the boundaries of where the music can go. We invite you to put differences in musical taste aside and focus on our commonalities: we all want to see this world change for the better. We hope that you’ll come with us on this next part of the journey and get involved in something much bigger than ourselves.”
The tour will visit the following cities:
- 8/21 – Detroit, MI – DTE Energy
- 8/22 – Indianapolis, IN – Verizon
- 8/23 – Chicago, IL – Charter One Pav
- 9/07 – W Palm Beach, FL – Cruzan Amp
- 9/11 – Cleveland, OH – Blossom Music
- 9/12 – VA Beach, VA – Verizon Wireless
- 9/13 – Holmdel, NJ – PNC
- 9/14 – Washington, DC – Nissan Pavilion
- 9/18 – Birmingham, AL – Verizon Wireless
- 9/19 – Raleigh, NC – Walnut Creek
- 9/20 – Atlanta, GA – Lakewood Amp
- 9/21 – Nashville, TN – Sommet Center
- 9/25 – Phoenix, AZ – Cricket Pav
- 9/26 – Irvine, CA – Verizon Wireless
- 9/27 – San Diego, CA – Coors Amp
- 9/28 – Sacramento, CA – Sleep Train
- 10/02 – Dallas, TX – Superpages.com
- 10/03 – Houston, TX – CWM Pavilion
- 10/04 – San Antonio, TX – Verizon Wireless
- 10/05 – Oklahoma City, OK – Ford Center
- 10/10 – Minneapolis, MN – Target Center
- 10/11 – Kansas City, KS – Starlight Amp
- 10/12 – Denver, CO – Fiddler’s Green
The auction, which runs until July 18, can be accessed via eBay.