“There are few people I admire more than Bill Clinton,” he writes in the email. "This is a man who gathers leaders and dreamers, thousands upon thousands of people determined to change the world for the better – people like you – and gets them to make great things happen. Who can compete with that?
“I’ve had the good fortune to know President Clinton for more than two decades – during his presidency and after. I’ve always wished that other people could have the same chance to spend time with such an inspirational man.
“And now you can. The Clinton Foundation is offering you a phenomenal opportunity to help improve lives around the world and be entered for the chance to win a trip to New York City to spend the day with President Clinton.
“Donate by April 12, and YOU can win a chance to meet President Clinton, all while supporting the Clinton Foundation’s life-changing work all around the globe.
“The work that you will be supporting is beyond incredible. Even chipping in just a little will mean amazing improvements in the lives of millions, including:
• Helping farmers in Rwanda maximize both the food they can provide the community and the profits they can bring back on their crops.
• Providing more than 2,300 small agricultural producers with capacity building in Peru.
• Bringing together more than 1,600 investors and donors resulting in more than $150 million in investments in Haiti to spur recovery and economic growth.
• Expanding a healthy schools program in the United States to 16,000 schools.
• Growing a retrofit program to help more businesses and homeowners save energy costs while also combating climate change.
“How can you turn that down?
“If a chance to meet President Clinton isn’t enough to convince you, how about this: Donate right now and you’ll be improving the lives of millions of people around the world.
“You won’t regret it. President Clinton would tell you that funding the Foundation’s work is one of the best possible things you can do, but let me assure you that meeting him is right behind it.”