Fight homelessness at the 2013 “Fiesta Latina” Hearts of Gold Gala, co-hosted by Soledad O'Brien, Rhonda Ross, and Emme.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Hearts of Gold, a not-for-profit organization, whose mission is to foster sustainable change in lifestyle and levels of self-sufficiency for homeless mothers and their children. Founded in 1996, the organization has helped more than 12,000 homeless mothers and children. Hearts of Gold helps families transition out of shelters and to live on their own.
Event highlights include:
· Cocktail reception and movable feast
· Performance by celebrity tap dancer Joshua Johnson
· Runway fashion show with looks from Tracy Reese, Hanky Panky, White and Warren, Zapa, Iris, and Transit
· Live and silent auctions, with special items including set visits to Girls and Trophy Wives, and headpieces from Theresa, accessory designer for Lady Gaga and Kanye West
· Music from DJ Johnny Dynell
WHO: Soledad O’Brien, Goodwill Ambassador, Hearts of Gold; Chairman of Starfish Media Group; Television anchor and correspondent for CNN, HBO and Al Jazeera America
Rhonda Ross, Acclaimed actress and singer (daughter of singer and actress Diana Ross)
Emme, Supermodel; former host of Fox’s reality dating series More to Love, E!‘s Fashion Emergency
Deborah Koenigsberger, Founder, Hearts of Gold; fashion stylist; former model; owner, Noir et Blanc fashion boutique
Tamara Tunie, Actress, NBC’s Law & Order: SVU
Marcia Gay Harden, Academy and Tony Award–winning actress, Trophy Wife, The Newsroom
Joshua Johnson, Celebrity tap dancer
Amy Carlson, Blue Bloods
DJ Johnny Dynell
WHEN: Friday, November 1, 2013
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Cocktail Reception and movable feast
7:30 PM – 10:00 PM Fashion Show, Live Auction (seated)
10:00 PM – 1:30 AM La Bamba After Party
Where: METROPOLITAN PAVILION, 125 WEST 18TH ST., GROUND FLOOR, (BETWEEN 6th and 7th AVENUES) NEW YORK, NY
TICKETS: Benefit tickets from $50.00 to $1,000.00 can be purchased here.