Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi joined a guest list of notable New Yorkers and celebrities for the Sixth Annual Blossom Ball Gala on Friday, March 7, 2014, benefitting the Endometriosis Foundation of America (EFA) and to celebrate Endometriosis Awareness Month.
Guests included honorary committee members Susan Sarandon and Deborah Harry along with Fátima Ptacek (Dora the Explorer), Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin (Inez and Vindooh), Joel Schumacher, Kelly Killoren Bensimon, Lizzie O’Leary (former CNN correspondent), Maura Tierney, Russell Simmons, and more.
The black-tie optional affair was held at a private venue located at 583 Park Avenue, New York City. Auctioneer Nicholas Lowry from Swann Galleries and Antiques Roadshow inspired quests to purchase live auction items and DJ Questlove provided music for the after party.
Blossom Ball hosts, Lakshmi and her surgeon Tamer Seckin, MD, co-founded EFA as a result of a lifelong mission to raise awareness for endometriosis, a disease that affects one in ten women worldwide.
Charitybuzz, the leading destination for online charity auctions, will be hosting an online auction in conjunction with the event featuring one-of-a-kind packages:
• Sit down to lunch with Padma Lakshmi and Bridget Moynahan in New York City
• Meet Russell Simmons with two tickets to the 15th Annual Art for Life Gala in the Hamptons, July 26, 2014
• Receive a portrait shot by world-renown fashion photographers Inez and Vinoodh! Winner will receive a 16″ × 16″ black and white print from the edit selected by the photographers.
• Receive an in-home cooking lesson with Kristen Kish, winner of “Top Chef” Season 10, in Boston or New York
• Enjoy a 4-day/3-night stay at a Sandals Resort location of your choice in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia or the Bahamas
The auction kicked off at the gala and will continue until March 23rd. For more information on the auction and to bid on items go to CharityBuzz.com.