Exotic travel adventures, over-the-top dining experiences, Red Carpet pampering and one-of-a-kind entertainment and sports experiences easily make the Backstage at the Geffen online auction a not-to-be-missed opportunity.
With luxury brands donating items worth more than $230,000, these exclusive high-end “lots” afford bidders a chance to enjoy unique experiences while contributing to the arts. All proceeds from the Backstage at the Geffen benefit the Geffen Playhouse and its programming, including presentation of new works and musicals, the theater’s playwright commission program and education and outreach initiatives.
This year’s eagerly awaited Backstage at the Geffen fundraiser at The Geffen Playhouse in Westwood, CA., March 22nd, will honor Mellody Hobson and George Lucas and Sir Elton John and David Furnish. The irreverent evening of laughter, music and stories featuring “backstage” memories and songs by a cavalcade of stars is produced by Vice Chair of the Board and Interim Managing Director, Gil Cates, Jr. David Geffen is Honorary Chair.
The online auction will close March 21st at 6:00 p.m. PST. Visit www.geffenplayhouse.com/backstage to view a complete list of donated auction items.
A sampling of offers includes:
• 7 nights in Fiji at the exclusive Mantangi Island Resort and the Totoriki Island Resort, including airfare
• 4 night stay for two at Clinique La Prairie in Switzerland with spa treatments
• Luxury Audi sports car experience and Napa Valley Wine Country Get-Away
• The Ultimate Simpsons Experience – Sit in on a live “table read” of The Simpsons; receive an official autographed script; a personal voicemail message by Hank Azaria and a seat at his annual “Playing for Good” poker tournament benefiting the Geffen Playhouse and Determined to Succeed
• “Jane the Virgin” set visit, meet and greet with the stars and lunch with award-winning executive producer, Ben Silverman
• Finest luxury suite at Staples Center complete with 12 tickets and five VIP parking passes for an LA Clippers game
• Private performance with virtuoso violinist Lee England, Jr.