Best-selling author and world-renowned expert on mind-body medicine, Deepak Chopra, M.D., initiates a groundbreaking dialogue about the science of consciousness at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, from Friday, September 9 to Sunday, September 11, 2016.
Presented by The Chopra Foundation, the event offers attendees the opportunity to come together and learn from some of the world’s greatest minds in quantum consciousness, neuroscience, cosmology, physics, psychology, and spirituality as they tackle life’s toughest questions to reveal a more complete truth of our existence.
The award-winning Berklee Indian Ensemble will perform live at the event on Friday, September 9.
Internationally recognized musician, filmmaker, and humanitarian, Michael Franti, will perform live at the event on Saturday, September 10.
“We are in the midst of a major paradigm shift in science. Scientists are now proving what the ancient sages have known for thousands of years. So, how does consciousness conceive, govern, construct and become the physical universe? How does our understanding of consciousness enhance our collective capacity for physical, emotional, spiritual, social, financial and ecological well-being?” said Deepak Chopra, M.D., F.A.C.P., founder of The Chopra Foundation. “Our panel of world-class scientists and sages will examine these and other questions, with a shared interest in finding common ground between science and wisdom.”
- World-renowned expert in cosmology and applied mathematics, George Ellis, Ph.D.
- Founder of Artocene, pioneer of the contemporary arts, medicine and health movement, Iva Fattorini, M.D., M.Sc.
- Theoretical astrophysicist, Katherine Freese.
- New York Times best-selling author, filmmaker, and professor of mathematics at the University of California, Berkeley Edward Frenkel.
- Anesthesiologist, professor and quantum consciousness expert Stuart Hameroff, M.D.
- Spirit-being, frequency addict, composer, artist, & DJ, Satya Hinduja.
- Award-winning science journalist and author, John Horgan.
- Psychologist and neuroscientist, Shamini Jain.
- Physicist and science writer, Menas C. Kafatos, Ph.D.
- Inventor of quantum neural computing and pioneering archaeoastronomer, Dr Subhash Kak.
- Artist, Jitish Kallat.
- World-renowned scientist and expert in metaphysics, Bernardo Kastrup, Ph.D.
- Professor at UCSD and co-founder of the American Gut Project, Rob Knight.
- International corporate strategist, investment banker and public intellectual with a doctorate in brain research, Robert Kuhn, Ph.D.
- Actress, producer, director, activist and businesswoman, Eva Longoria.
- Serial entrepreneur and business leader in Fortune 100 companies, Poonacha Machaiah.
- Expert in exploration of spiritual realities using innovative scientific approaches, Dr. Barnaby Marsh.
- Chair and Distinguished Professor of Neurosciences and Florence Riford Chair for Alzheimer Disease Research at UC San Diego School of Medicine, William C. Mobley, M.D., Ph.D.
- Professor of physics and astrophysics at the University of California, Santa Cruz, Joel R, Primack, Ph.D.
- President of Berklee College of Music, cofounder of Bright Horizons Family Solutions, and an international relief agency manager, Roger H. Brown.
- Political activist, speaker, and supermodel, Cameron Russell.
- Master integrator of big data to construct predictive models of disease and wellness, Dr. Eric Schadt.
- Senior media executive, former ABC news journalist, and chief curator of Discovery Communications’ Curiosity Project, Richard Sergay.
- New York Times bestselling author and pioneer in the integrative field of Interpersonal Neurobiology, Dr. Dan Siegel.
- Founder of Ashtanga Yoga New York, Eddie Stern.
- Professor of neurology and holder of the Joseph P. and Rose F. Kennedy Endowed Chair in Neurology at Harvard University, Rudolph E. Tanzi, Ph.D.
- Model and founder of Strala Yoga, Tara Stiles.
- Award-winning and internationally acclaimed soul chant musician, Chandrika Tandon.
- Professor of pathology and of medicine at the Beth Israel Medical Center of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Neil Theise, M.D.
- Spiritual leader, Reverend Mpho A. Tutu.
For more information and to purchase tickets for the Sages & Scientists Symposium 2016 visit: www.chopra.com/programs/sages-scientist/sages-scientists-2016.