Guitarists are donating used strings from their guitars which will then be made into very cool bracelets and auctioned off to raise funds for the St. Thomas’ Lupus Trust.
The auctions will take place on a specific date and will run for ten days.
These are one off bracelets handcrafted to your specific size. If you would like to learn more about A&D Guitar String Bracelets you can visit their website here.
Once the strings have been paid for you will be asked for measurements for the bracelet to be made to fit you. Once the bracelet has been made it will be sent to you along with authentication saying who actually donated the strings.
The first ‘Strings for lupus Auction’ will take place on eBay on 14th March 2016
The following guitar strings will be auctioned on that date:
- Jonny Buckland (Coldplay) – 5 (only) x Acoustic Guitar strings, used on the track Violet Hill from the Viva La Vida album. Coldplay were recently awarded Best British Group at the Brit Awards and received the ‘Godlike Genius Award’ at the NME Awards.
- Anthony Jackson – 1 set Half & Half bass.
- Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) – D’Addario XL 10/46 strings used during Tracker Tour 2015.
- Keith Richards (the Rolling Stones) – Heavily used acoustic strings, used in recording studios in London Dec 2015 on forthcoming Rolling Stones album. Copy of letter from agent authenticating strings.
- Squeeze – Set of electric strings. Chris Difford used on the controversial Andrew Marr show January 2016.
- Tony Visconti – 1 full set electric guitar strings used on the Holy Holy Tour 2015. Tony was also the producer of David Bowie.
The auction will go live here on Monday, March 14.