The Partnership for a Healthier America’s seventh annual summit will convene some of the nation’s most influential leaders in the fight to end childhood obesity.
The summit provides a unique opportunity for business and industry leaders to sit at the table with their nonprofit, academic and government counterparts to address major considerations for the health of our nation’s youth. This year’s summit will address the negative health impacts of childhood adversity, the role of entrepreneurs in shaping the future of food, as well as:
• The link between access to food and health;
• The role of accessible parks and recreational facilities in fostering healthy lifestyles;
• Unique public-private partnerships working to address diabetes in urban settings;
• Building a culture of wellness and the health, emotional and academic benefits that come from teaching a child to cook;
• Barriers to physical activity for girls of color;
• Changing the school food environment;
• Industry solutions to reducing sugar consumption; and
• The latest science behind new, emerging pathways to health.
WHEN: May 10-12, 2017
WHERE: Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel (999 9th St NW, Washington, D.C. 20001)
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• Bill Clinton, Founder of the Clinton
Foundation & 42nd President of the United States
• Cindy Crawford, entrepreneur, supermodel
• Neil Grimmer, Founder & CEO, Habit Inc.
• Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, Founder & CEO, Center for Youth Wellness
• Kevin Washington, President and CEO, YMCA
• Michelle Obama, Former First Lady of the United States
• Gabrielle Union, actor and entrepreneur
• Rocco DiSpirito, Celebrity Chef
• Bob Simpson, Vice President, Affordable Housing, Fannie Mae
• Daniel J. Houston, Chairman, President and CEO, Principal Financial Group
• Jenna Wolfe, Talk Show Host
Find more information about the event here.