Today, more than 500 million children are living in countries affected by emergencies such as conflicts and natural disasters. They are the most vulnerable group facing the highest risk of violence, exploitation, disease and neglect.
Garnier Brand Ambassador, Mandy Moore, has partnered with Whole Blends and UNICEF to raise awareness and funding to provide relief and help restore a sense of normalcy in children’s lives by lending her voice and platform to the cause. Mandy’s video detailing the cause and how people can get involved can be viewed here.
From today through December 31, $1 of every purchase of the exclusive Whole Blends Holiday Kit sold at Walmart will support five children living in emergency situations for a day to have the opportunity to play, learn and heal.
This year marks the second year of Garnier’s three-year global partnership with UNICEF. In 2017, Garnier established a worldwide commitment to support UNICEF with $1.3 million already donated in 2017 and a minimum of $2.2 million guaranteed in 2018.
“I’m very proud to be working with Whole Blends to support UNICEF’s outstanding life-saving work caring for children and families in need,” said Mandy Moore, Garnier Brand Ambassador. “I want people to know that together by supporting UNICEF we have the power to help the world’s most vulnerable children and ensure that they have a bright future.”
UNICEF, which operates in more than 190 countries and territories, responds to children’s needs by providing safe water and hygiene, nutrition, health and protection and gives hope for the future by creating safe spaces for children to play and learn.
“UNICEF is grateful for Garnier’s partnership and commitment to building a better future for the next generation,” said Caryl M. Stern, President and CEO of UNICEF USA. “With Garnier’s support, we can better respond to the most vulnerable in emergencies, help restore a sense of normalcy, and fight for the survival of children who face incredibly tough circumstances.”
It costs UNICEF 20 cents to help support one child in an emergency situation for a day. Now through December 31, 2018, $1 from every purchase of a Whole Blends Holiday Kit at Walmart or Walmart.com will be donated to UNICEF USA with a minimum guaranteed donation of $300,000.
The funding from the sale of the Whole Blends Holiday Kits supports UNICEF’s work in emergencies, which could include providing the following kits:
- The UNICEF School-in-a-Box Kit helps give children access to education in the world’s most challenging locations. This hard-shelled, aluminum box has everything a teacher needs to carry on classes for three months for 40 students. In addition to the basic school supplies, such as exercise books and pencils, the kit also includes a locally-developed teaching guide and curriculum, a wind-up solar radio and special paint to transform the kit’s lid into a blackboard.
- The UNICEF Early Childhood Development Kit can help 50 young children under the age of six to play and develop their skills in a time of stress. Kit contents include: puzzles and games, counting circle and boxes to stack and sort, board books and puppets for storytelling, art supplies, soaps and water containers for promoting hygiene. Within the kit, caregivers will also find an easy-to-use Activity Guide filled with suggestions on how to use each item based on a child’s age and interests.
- The UNICEF Recreation Kit is a game kit that can help 90 children recover from trauma through team sports with a teacher. It includes balls for several types of games, colored tunics for different teams, measuring tape for marking play areas and a whistle and scoring slate.
- The UNICEF Hygiene Kit is filled with essential items to help households safeguard family health in the aftermath of natural disasters. Packed in plastic buckets, the kits contain essential household supplies, including: soap, detergent, toothbrushes, toothpaste and towels.
In partnership with Garnier, UNICEF has helped children and families struck by natural disasters such as last year’s hurricanes in the Eastern Caribbean and earthquakes in Mexico, and humanitarian crises around the world in Jordan, Yemen and Bangladesh in 2017.
Each Whole Blends Holiday Kit that helps fund the cause includes a full-size shampoo and conditioner, in addition to five single-use Whole Blends Care Cream Hair Masks: Illuminating Moroccan Argan & Camellia, Gentle Oat Milk & Rice Cream, Smoothing Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter, Repairing Honey Treasures and Replenishing Legendary Olive. The kits are available exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com for a suggested retail price of $9.88 exclusively in the following varieties:
- Whole Blends Coco Cocoa Smoothing Haircare Holiday Kit in support of UNICEF This holiday kit features Whole Blends Smoothing shampoo and conditioner with coconut oil and cocoa butter. Whole Blends Smoothing hair care products are blended with purpose, bringing together sustainably-sourced coconut oil, a legendary smoother, with cocoa butter, known to soften. As a whole blend, it tames frizz and flyaways for twenty-four hours.
- Whole Blends Honey Treasures Holiday Kit in support of UNICEF This holiday kit features Whole Blends Repairing Honey Treasures shampoo and conditioner. Whole Blends Honey Treasures hair care products are blended with purpose, bringing together lush honey, renowned for replenishment, with propolis and royal jelly, known to nourish and repair. As a whole blend, it strengthens and helps heal damaged hair.
- Whole Blends Maple Remedy Holiday Kit in support of UNICEF This holiday kit features Whole Blends Restoring Maple Remedy shampoo and conditioner. Whole Blends Maple Remedy hair care products are blended with purpose, bringing together nourishing maple and castor oil. As a whole blend, it deeply nourishes and repairs hair.
For more information visit: www.garnierusa.com/unicef and follow the conversation on social media at #GarnierSupportsUNICEF.