Actor Dean Cain will host the 2009 Hero Awards on Saturday, May 30, to honor everyday people who have gone out of their way to help others and their community.
Set to take place at Universal Studios in Hollywood, the Awards will be filmed for television broadcast and will benefit Feed the Children. Presenters will include Tatyana Ali, Anthony Anderson, Tom Arnold, Nnamdi Asomugha, Corbin Bernsen, Sharon Case, Erik Estrada, Kelly Hu, Jason London, Willie McGinest, Judd Nelson, Chester Pitts and Efren Ramirez. Musical guests include Gloria Gaynor and Brian McKnight.
Honorees will include:
- NANCY DAVIS – Diagnosed with the illness 16 years ago, she founded The Nancy Davis Foundation for Multiple Sclerosis and has raised millions in her Race-to-Erase-MS.
- KATHY IRELAND – Author, actress, CEO & Chief Designer of Kathy Ireland Worldwide, she continues to give back by dedicating countless hours of personal time and financial resources to philanthropic and non-profit projects.
- DR. TODD PRICE – Director and President of International Medical Outreach, he supervises medical and humanitarian aid projects around the world. In this past year alone, his foundation has sent over $70 million dollars worth of resources abroad.
- DOROTEA LIGUORI – Compassionate international jewelry designer, entrepreneur and philanthropist; she recently co-funded the ABC Baby Center for Feed The Children in Africa.
- JOLANDA & JIOVANNI JONES – This mother and 16-year-old son saved the life of a teenage driver by pulling her from the rubble of a fiery crash seconds before the car exploded.
- ZACH SMOTHERS – This 12-year-old rescued his 3-year-old cousin from the bottom of a pool and, repeating what he saw on TV, administered CPR to save her life.
- USMC LANCE CORPORAL JEREMY LEPSCH – A Marine who saved the life of a motorcyclist whose leg had been severed in an accident.
- MADELYN EAVES – The 3-year-old who called 911 to save her pregnant mother.
- HERO- A German Shepherd who saved a stranger from a car wreck and is now being trained as a search and rescue dog.
More information about the event – and tickets – can be found at the official website.