Love Our Children USA has announced the recipients of the Fifth Annual Mothers Who Make A Difference Awards, which recognize and support mothers in the celebrity and entertainment industries for their balancing motherhood, work and causes around the world. Among this year’s winners are celebrity moms Julianna Margulies, Amanda Peet, Keri Russell, Meredith Vieira and Vanessa Williams.
These celebrity mothers take on vital issues around the globe, giving of themselves to better the lives of complete strangers and yet still find time to balance their work and the most difficult job of all – parenting!
Ross Ellis, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Love Our Children USA said “For the fifth year we are delighted to honor and celebrate these selfless and caring women who contribute so much to their children, families, society and to various causes.”
Ellis also stated “At a time when our country’s youth are plagued by bullying, cyberbullying, Internet dangers and school violence …not to mention those parents in need of more positive parenting solutions, these mothers serve as role models for others, as their children are their first priority.”
The 2010 Mothers Who Make A Difference include:
- Julianna Margulies: Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Winner 2009 best known for her portrayal of Alica Florrick in the hit CBS Show “The Good Wife” and for her role as Carol Hathaway in E.R.. Julianna is a wife and is a mother to a two and a half year-old son. Julianna’s charity is Project A.L.S.
- Amanda Peet: Actress, star of the film “2012”, “The X-Files: I Want To Believe”, “Something’s Gotta Give”, “Wolverine” and many others, is a wife and a mother to a three year-old daughter, with another daughter due any day. Amanda is a spokesperson for Every Child By Two.
- Keri Russell: Best known for her role Golden Globe Award winning role in “Felicity” and critical acclaim for her role in “August Rush” and “Waitress”. She recently starred in “Bedtime Stories” with Adam Sandler. Keri is a wife and a mother to a three year-old son. She is involved with the The Adrienne Shelly Foundation.
- Meredith Vieira: Co-host of the Today Show, Daytime Emmy Award Winner as Outstanding Game Show Host of the syndicated show “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire”, former co-host of The View, and long time news correspondent is a wife and a mother to three children. Meredith is involved with numerous charities, has supported Love Our Children USA and serves on the Advisory Committee of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Vanessa Williams: Known for her role as Wilhelmina Slater of “Ugly Betty”, is a Grammy, Tony and Emmy Award winning actress. With numerous roles to her credit, Vanessa is a mother to four children and serves on the Advisory Board of Hearts of Gold. She is also involved with Healthy Child Healthy World, I Want Peace and SOS Children's Villages.
Beautiful crystal awards designed specifically for Love Our Children USA by FineAwards will be sent to each 2010 winner.