The Adrienne Shelly Foundation (ASF), a non-profit organization dedicated to the memory of actor/filmmaker Adrienne Shelly (Waitress), launched its 7th annual Celebrity Auction this week with support from prominent celebrities across the entertainment, literary, sports, business and political arenas.
The auction is open to bidders internationally from January 22 through February 11 at www.charitybuzz.com/AdrienneShellyFoundation. Proceeds will support ASF’s mission of supporting women filmmakers through production grants.
“It’s truly an honor to have so many wonderful people pitching in to help us raise money,” said Andy Ostroy, ASF’s founder and executive director. “We’re very grateful for their support.”
“The Adrienne Shelly Foundation is an important organization with a critical mission,” said Keri Russell, star of the FX Network’s The Americans, Adrienne Shelly’s hit film Waitress, and a member of ASF’s Advisory Board. “This auction is a major source of funding in its support of women filmmakers and it’s a fun thing to be a part of.”
More than 60 exclusive experiences are being auctioned. Bidders can:
• Have lunch with Paul Rudd, Salman Rushdie, Michelle Williams, Jon Hamm, John Slattery, Mark Cuban, Keri Russell, Bill Hader, Rosario Dawson, Sarah Silverman and Jeff Ross, Melanie Griffith, Cheryl Hines and Jeremy Sisto and many more
• Join Alanis Morissette for a paddle boarding class and tea
• Receive a birthday call from Bones stars Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz
• Hit the town with David Arquette at his club Bootsy Bellows in West Hollywood
• Visit the set and meet cast members of TV shows such as Community, Cougar Town, Dallas, Mad Men, The Americans, The Good Wife, Law and Order: SVU, Dallas, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Good Morning America
• Score VIP tix to Two and a Half Men, Letterman, Rachael Ray and The Colbert Report
• Enjoy walk-on roles in TV shows like Drop Dead Diva, Workaholics and films
• Experience movies like never before with VIP access to the Tribeca Film Festival, LA Film Festival and Nantucket Film Festival
The Adrienne Shelly Foundation supports the artistic achievements of female filmmakers through annual grants distributed through partnerships with Women in Film, IFP, Nantucket Film Festival, Sundance Institute, Tribeca Film Institute, Columbia University, Boston University, Rooftop Films and American Film Institute. It has awarded forty-eight grants since its inception in 2007. For more information and to make a donation, please visit www.adrienneshellyfoundation.org.
Source: PR Newswire