A coalition of endowments and individuals committed to divesting from fossil fuels and investing in clean energy will announce pledges totaling $50 billion in assets and growing at a press conference in New York City on Monday, Sept. 22.
The coalition, first launched in January, will announce scores of new domestic and international foundations, hundreds of high-net worth individuals as well as major NGOs, faith groups and health organizations. The next day, commitments will be presented at the UN Climate Summit with many world leaders in attendance including President Obama.
Taking part in the press conference will be:
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu (by video)
- Mark Ruffalo, actor
- Stephen Heintz, President of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- David Blood, formerly Goldman Sachs, co-founder Generation Investment
- Agnes Abuom, principal at the World Council of Churches
- Ellen Dorsey, Executive Director Wallace Global Fund (moderating)
The event will take place at Westin New York at Grand Central, 212 E. 42nd Street, Embassy Room, Third Floor
A dial-in option to join via phone is also available.
RSVP to Clara Vondrich email@example.com or Gil Duran firstname.lastname@example.org. Dial-in number available upon request.