Answers, a leading source of expert information and advice, is partnering with the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC), a Washington-based think tank, to launch a quiz series in advance of the 2014 midterm elections on November 4.
Dubbed the “Answers Quiz-a-thon: Election Edition, powered by the Bipartisan Policy Center,” the interactive video quizzes will be hosted by notable figures and highlight key issues in the upcoming election. The quizzes can be found on Answers.com.
“127 million eligible U.S. citizens didn’t vote in the last midterm election in 2010. We want to educate and engage Americans for their critical role as voters, and we’re launching the quiz-a-thon to do just that,” said David Karandish, Chief Executive Officer of Answers Corporation. “By using the significant reach of the Answers platform, the keen political knowledge of experts from the Bipartisan Policy Center, and the sheer star power of our celebrity hosts, we believe we can empower millions of Americans to vote on November 4.”
The quizzes, authored and vetted by BPC staff members, will be dedicated to a range of hot-button issues including climate change, gun rights, immigration, education, Obamacare, renewable energy, tax reform and marijuana. Entertainment celebrities, preeminent thought leaders and former top government officials have been tapped to deliver the quizzes on video.
Confirmed hosts include:
• Olympia Snowe, Senior Fellow, BPC; Former U.S. Senator from Maine
• Byron Dorgan, Senior Fellow, BPC; Former U.S. Senator from North Dakota
• David Karandish, CEO, Answers Corporation
• Dan Glickman, Senior Fellow, BPC; Former Secretary of Agriculture; Former Chairman of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee
• Judith Light, Actress
• Fran Drescher, Actress, Author and Health Advocate
• Joely Fisher, Actress
• Bill Nye, “The Science Guy,” Science Educator
• Molly Barker, Founder, Girls on the Run
• Graham Nash, Singer-Songwriter, Crosby Stills, Nash & Young
• Cenk Uygur, Host and Co-Founder, The Young Turks
• Noah Wyle, Actor and Philanthropist
• Marcia Cross, Actress
• Esai Morales, Actor
• Connie Stevens, Actress
“We are thrilled about this opportunity to connect with Americans in a fun and engaging way,” said BPC President Jason Grumet. “We firmly believe that a more informed electorate can help break through the gridlock and dysfunction that has taken over Washington in recent years.”
Richard Greene, author of “Words That Shook the World” and producer, came up with the quiz-a-thon concept to help Americans understand that they have the power to change politics. “Work with like-minded citizens across the country and elect Congresspersons and Senators who believe as you do, and we, the people, can end political gridlock as soon as November 4,” said Greene.
Quiz takers are eligible to win 64GB iPad Airs, courtesy of Answers.com. The grand prize winner will be awarded a VIP trip for two to Washington, DC, arranged by BPC.
Launch Week Schedule of Quiz Topics and Hosts (October 15-19)
• Wednesday, 10/15: Jason Grumet, President, BPC, on “Why the Midterm Elections Matter”
• Thursday, 10/16: Fran Drescher, Actress, Author and Health Advocate, on “Care About Obamacare”
• Friday, 10/17: Noah Wyle, Actor and Philanthropist, on “Educating Our Children”
• Saturday, 10/18: Dan Glickman, BPC Senior Fellow and Former Secretary of Agriculture, on “How to Fix a Broken Washington”
• Sunday, 10/19: Joely Fisher, Actress, with mother Connie Stevens, on “Solving the Challenge of Entitlement Programs”
For additional information on the Answers Quiz-a-thon, click here.
Source: PR Newswire