Here’s your chance to score a walk-on role on the new Star Trek movie.
With the 50th anniversary of Star Trek on the horizon, you and a friend will make franchise history as the first fans ever to win walk on roles in a Star Trek movie. You’ll fly to the closed set of Star Trek Beyond and hang with the cast before hair, makeup, and wardrobe get you into character for the role of a lifetime. In addition to the grand prize winner, six additional winners will be randomly selected each week to form our Star Trek: To Boldly Go crew. As a member of the honorary crew, you’ll visit the set, meet the cast, and be among the first to witness scenes from the latest voyage of the USS Enterprise.
All funds raised will be split evenly among these nine causes:
• Brave Beginnings — an organization dedicated to ensuring that ventilators and life-saving neonatal equipment are always available to newborns in critical need. Nominated by Zoe Saldana.
• Camp Sunshine — a place where children with life-threatening illnesses and their families can regroup, reenergize, and restore hope for the future. Nominated by Anton Yelchin.
• Direct Relief —a leading medical relief organization that is improving the health of people in need worldwide. Nominated by Zachary Quinto.
• Heaven Homes — an organization helping establish children’s homes and centers, while providing secure, safe and loving environments where children can be nurtured to realize their full potential. Nominated by Idris Elba.
• KidsCan — an organization that provides food, clothing and healthcare to disadvantaged youth in New Zealand. Nominated by Karl Urban.
• Koreatown Youth & Community Center — an organization serving the evolving needs of the Korean American population in the greater Los Angeles area as well as the multiethnic Koreatown community. Nominated by John Cho.
• Make-A-Wish Foundation — whose remarkable work is making wishes come true every day for children suffering from life-threatening illnesses. Nominated by Chris Pine.
• Time is Precious — an organization helping to create a more comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for children, which in return helps assist with their treatment and recovery. Nominated by Simon Pegg.
• St. Jude Children's Research Hospital — an organization that is leading the way in advancing cures for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Nominated by Susan Nimoy in honor of Leonard Nimoy.
There’s a stack of incentives available, depending on how much you donate, including T-shirts, autographed concept art, props and even a replica captain’s chair!
To find out more about how you can take part, head over to Omaze.