Ever dreamed of riding in the Goodyear Blimp? How about a VIP experience with your favorite musician, athlete, or actor? More than 50 of iHeartMedia’s radio stations in California have donated over 50 incredible experiences to raise money for Get Prepared California!, an initiative of the American Red Cross and the California Earthquake Authority to help more people prepare survive and recover from California’s next earthquake.
Fans are invited to bid-on or buy one-of-a-kind experiences hosted on IfOnly, a marketplace for extraordinary experiences that benefit worthy causes around the world, starting at $150 per person. The Red Cross Shop on IfOnly will be live at www.IfOnly.com/RedCross through May 2nd.
“Earthquake risk in California is real, and the annual auction is a great opportunity for Red Cross and CEA to come together and emphasize the need for earthquake preparedness,” said Glenn Pomeroy, CEO of CEA. “No matter where you live in California, it’s important to protect your family and your finances before the next one strikes.”
During the past four years, the auction has raised more than $715,000. All proceeds of the auction help support 32 chapters of the American Red Cross in communities throughout California. The American Red Cross has more than 27,000 volunteers in the Golden State, who provide disaster relief to affected families and teach disaster-preparedness training to more than 1.3 million Californians.
“We are excited to join forces with CEA for the fifth year to help educate residents on earthquake resiliency,” said Gary Strong, CEO of the American Red Cross Gold Country Region. “Earthquake preparedness should be part of daily life in California, and the auction allows the American Red Cross to increase its community-preparedness efforts.”
The experiences are live from April 1, 2016 through Monday, May 2, 2016.
For the duration of the campaign, fans can bid-on, buy, or win over 50 incredible experiences including the below opportunities:
1. Meet and Take a Selfie with Selena Gomez: Tickets and a Very Special Encounter
2. VIP Set Tour of Days of our Lives + Signed Script
3. Two Tickets to the 2016 MTV Movie Awards Hosted by Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart
4. All-Inclusive Lollapalooza 2016 Package: Sold-Out Tickets, Airfare, Hotel and Artist Meet & Greets
5. KIIS FM’s Wango Tango 2016 VIP Package: Meet Ariana Grande or Demi Lovato
6. NFL London 2016 Ultimate Travel and Game Package
7. Two Tickets to the 2016 MLB All-Star Game in San Diego with Hotel Accommodations
8. Josh Groban at the Greek: Tickets and In-Person Meeting with the Grammy-Winning Baritone
9. Meet Maksim & Valentin Chmerkovskiy of “Dancing with the Stars” with Tickets to Their Live Show
10. Meet The Weeknd: Concert Tickets, In-Person Access, and Invitation to His Pre-Show Soundcheck
There are many more experiences listed on IfOnly with other celebrities and entities such as Cage the Elephant, the Dodgers, the Clippers, James Bay, Mario Lopez, and many more. Please visit ifonly.com/redcross to view all of the experiences. Bidding via IfOnly ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific on May 2nd.
The annual California auction to support the American Red Cross was created in 2012 to promote earthquake preparedness. This year’s auction items were secured by iHeartMedia’s California stations, which will promote the auction on-air and online. Get Prepared California is sponsored by the California Earthquake Authority.