The annual Social Good Summit, a unique convening of world leaders, new media and technology experts, grassroots activists and voices from around the world, just announced the initial roster of speakers for its 2016 Summit which will take place September 18 and 19 in New York.
A unique mix of speakers will share their visions for the future including:
• Kathy Calvin, President & CEO of the United Nations Foundation
• Jean Case, CEO of the Case Foundation
• Pete Cashmore, Founder & CEO of Mashable
• Helen Clark, Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme
• Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme
• Filippo Grandi, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
• Chelsea Handler, Comedian, Host of Netflix’s Chelsea
• Jazz Jennings, LGBTQ rights advocate, star of TLC’s I Am Jazz, author of Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen
• Alaa Murabit, MD, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Advocate
• M. Sanjayan, MD, Executive Vice President & Senior Scientist at Conservation International
• Michael Schlein, President & CEO of Accion
• Cody Simpson, Singer/songwriter
• Henry Timms, Executive Director of 92Y, Founder of #GivingTuesday
Each September, world leaders come together at the United Nations General Assembly to discuss global issues and ways in which to tackle them. Recognizing that the voices and ideas of concerned global citizens connected by social media and technology can be powerful forces for change, Mashable, 92nd Street Y, the United Nations Foundation and the United Nations Development Programme partner to host the Social Good Summit to expand the UN conversations to include innovators, activists and entrepreneurs around the world.
The goal of the Social Good Summit is to empower people everywhere to have their voices heard, both during and after UN Week. The Summit which will be supplemented by a week of related activities around the globe including meet-ups hosted locally by members of the social good community, and signature events supported by Social Good Summit partners; will provide a shared platform for a global call to action to create the kind of world we want and identify innovations that can help make this world a reality.