Gibbons will be signing copies of her new book, Take Your Oxygen First, an inspiring new book that aims to energize caregivers of people with memory loss. With a forward by Larry King, the book is written for those giving care to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory loss disorders. Take Your Oxygen First is an informative and inspiring guide to taking care of yourself in order to meet the challenges of giving care to another. Heartfelt, candid accounts by television and radio host Leeza Gibbons and the members of her family – who cared for their mother Jean for more than a decade after her diagnosis with Alzheimer’s disease – are combined with current medical, nutritional, psychological and spiritual information and advice for caregivers. Take Your Oxygen First shows you:
- How the brain functions and how Alzheimer’s disease robs the mind of the ability to make memories.
- The most current treatments available for all of the memory loss disorders.
- How reaching out for help helps both your loved one and you.
- How keeping fit physically and mentally allows you to give the best possible care to your loved one.
- How guilt, anger, anxiety and depression can impede your caregiving and the best strategies to avoid them.
- How caregiving can become the most spiritually rewarding challenge you will ever experience.
In Take Your Oxygen First, Leeza Gibbons introduces you to her family, including her father Carlos, Sr., her sister Cammy, her brother Carlos, and his wife Anne Marie, and all of their kids, and each of them shares with you their intimate experiences in giving care to Jean, in the hope that everyone taking care of a loved one can learn to take their oxygen first.
The book signing takes place at 2pm on Friday, May 29, at the Circle of Care Leeza’s Place, 5000 Van Nuys Boulevard, Suite 110, Sherman Oaks. Entertainment will be from Peggy Gohl, of Dean Martin’s Golddiggers.
To find out more about the book and order your own copy, click here.