ClubCharity.com, an online auction site for celebrity and corporate charitable giving founded by CharityBids.org and visionary entrepreneur Robert L. Johnson, today announced its launch in Canada through a partnership with Toronto Blue Jays centerfielder Vernon Wells.
To kick off the partnership, ClubCharity.com is auctioning a Toronto Blue Jays helmet signed by Wells and covered in Swarovski crystals. Proceeds will benefit Vernon Wells’ Perfect 10 Foundation, supporting single mothers and children in need.
Leveraging the Charity Bids platform, ClubCharity.com is a multi-faceted auction site featuring items from celebrities, athletes, artists, and corporations to support numerous charitable causes. Built by a team of longtime volunteer fundraisers, Charity Bids offers a secure, user-friendly, customizable solution to run fully branded auctions online, making it simple to find, bid on, and buy one-of-a-kind, unique auction items. Auctions can be displayed on multiple web properties simultaneously, allowing charities, corporations, and their affiliates to promote the same auction across multiple sites in a seamless, branded way – creating infinite fundraising opportunities, and maximizing exposure via the web.
“ClubCharity.com takes charitable giving to a new level, making it easier than ever for anyone, anywhere to find incredibly unique and exciting auction items online, while generously donating to so many important causes,” said Vernon Wells. “We’re extremely excited to partner with ClubCharity.com and bring even greater attention to the mission of Vernon Wells’ Perfect 10 Foundation in Canada, the U.S., and worldwide.”
ClubCharity.com features auctions for every interest and hobby, from artwork and fashion to luxury vacations, VIP sporting experiences, celebrity and sports memorabilia, and more. In addition to Vernon Wells’ crystal-encrusted, autographed helmet, current auctions include:
- Hockey Hall of Fame VIP Weekend, benefiting Shoot for the Cure
- Private lounge with balcony seats & catering for 20 at the 2010 US Open, benefiting the Entertainment Industry Foundation's National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance (NCCRA)
- Hand-painted hockey mask signed by Hall of Fame player Steve Yzerman, benefiting Shoot for the Cure
- Holly Robinson-Peete's custom-made wedding dress, benefiting The HollyRod Foundation.
- Vacation for 8 at Bob Johnson’s Covecastle Villa, Anguilla, West Indies, benefiting the Media Access Project.
- Painting featured in an Alicia Keys video, benefiting The Lincoln Rising
- Golf round with actor John Schneider including 2 benefit concert tickets, benefiting the Michael Bolton Charities.
- Original lithograph created and signed by actor Pierce Brosnan, benefiting Variety - The Children's Charity.
- Brokeback Mountain movie poster signed by Heath Ledger and Michele Williams, benefiting the Screen Actors Guild Foundation.
Visit www.clubcharity.com to view these and other auctions now.