Featuring a variety of one-of-a-kind experiences and merchandise, the auction will be hosted online at leading charity auction site charitybuzz at www.charitybuzz.com/JaneGoodall2 from October 19 to November 9, 2010, and will support JGI’s ongoing programs including chimpanzee preservation and protection, community-centered conservation in Africa, and Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots, JGI’s global environmental and humanitarian youth program in more than 120 countries.
The benefit auction includes exclusive experiences such as a private function at the Roger Smith Hotel in New York City with Dr. Jane Goodall and up to 20 guests; a personal tour of Central Park with actress Candice Bergen; a signed guitar by Ben Harper; VIP sports and travel packages; a backstage Broadway experience and much more.
Other top auction lots that bidders can win include:
- A Tour of Ed Begley Jr.'s Super Eco-House and Lunch with the Star in Studio City;
- An Eleven-Day Galapagos Adventure for Two;
- An Exclusive VIP Escape to Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC;
- Two House Tickets to See WICKED, Plus a Backstage Tour After the Show;
- A Gold and Tanzanite “Chimp” Pin Worn by Dr. Goodall;
- The Limited-Edition Book, The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Signed by George Lucas;
- A Sold-Out, Limited-Edition Concert Poster, Signed by Dave Matthews
Online bidding is open to the public through November 9. Bidders must complete a simple registration process with a valid credit card at www.charitybuzz.com to place a bid.