The Robert F. Kennedy Foundation of Europe has unveiled its fourth annual Summer Auction, featuring a star-studded line-up of extraordinary experiences donated by Italian arts, entertainment, and cultural leaders to raise funds for the organization’s vital human rights work.
The auction, held in partnership with charitybuzz, the leading destination for online charity auctions, will run from June 3 to June 23 at www.rfkennedyeurope.org and www.charitybuzz.com/rfkeurope2011. Bidding is open to supporters worldwide.
“Whether it’s living a dream of taking a romantic adventure through Venice or being in the presence of Pope Benedict XVI, bidders have the opportunity to do it all,” said Kerry Kennedy, daughter of Robert Kennedy and honorary president of RFK Europe. “At the same time, they are supporting RFK Europe’s important work advancing social justice and human rights, through the Speak Truth To Power education program, student journalism awards, and many special events, such as art exhibitions and live performances that address human rights issues across Europe and beyond.”
The auction’s iconic Italian experiences are being donated to raise funds for the European affiliate of the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights and help provide an ongoing base of support to human rights defenders.
“We are honored to support RFK Europe in its work to raise awareness about human rights issues in Europe and aid courageous human rights defenders around the world,” said Coppy Holzman, CEO and co-founder of charitybuzz. “We encourage our socially conscious bidders to check charitybuzz daily as we add more once-in-a-lifetime Italian experiences to benefit this important cause.”
Auction highlights include:
- Once in a Lifetime Opportunity to Attend a Papal Mass and Tour the Vatican Museums with Hotel Accommodations
- Experience the Magic of Andrea Bocelli in the Front Row at his 5th Lajatico Concert and Enjoy an August Hotel Stay in in Tuscany
- 2 VIP Ticket for the Elton John Concert in Lucca, Italy on July 14, 2011, Plus Overnight Accommodations
- Meet Editor-in-Chief Emilio Carelli and His Staff Behind-the-Scenes of Sky TG 24 Evening News in Rome
- Spend a Weekend in the Most Romantic City in the World, Venice, with Accommodations, and Visit Costume Designer Antonia Sautter’s Workshop
- Spend the Day on the Set of Carlo Verdone’s Upcoming Film Posti in Piedi in Paradiso in Rome
- Enjoy 2 VIP Tickets to the MTV Europe Music Awards and Backstage Access in Belfast, Ireland
- Attend the Hit List Italia MTV Show in Milan and Meet the Host Valentina Correani
- Enjoy a Weekend Wellness Package for 2 at il Ciocco Hotel in Tuscany
- Enjoy a Weekend Getaway to the Beautiful Argentario Golf Resort & Spa, Italy
- Enjoy a Borgo di Mustonate Equestrian Centre Italian Escape
- Attend the Blugirl 2012 Spring/Summer Collection Fashion Show in Milan on September 22, 2011
- Enjoy a Guided Tour of the Historical Borsalino Hat Factory in Alessandria and Take Home a Hat
- Assist the England National Football Team at Practice and Meet Fabio Capello, Plus a 2 Nights at The Cranley in London
- Join Actor Christian De Sica for a Day on the Set of the Next Christmas Movie, Filmed in Cortina, Italy, and Get the Chance to Appear in the Movie
- Visit Italy’s Greatest Banking Success, the Museum of Banca Mediolanum, with the Bank’s Founder, Ennio Doris, in Milan
- Enjoy 2 VIP Tickets for a Champions League Napoli Soccer Match in Italy
- Visit Palazzo Vecchio and Meet Mayor Matteo Renzi with 2 Nights at Hotel Helvetia & Bristol in Florence, Italy
- Enjoy Dinner for 4 with Kerry Kennedy at Salumeria Rosi in NYC
- Experience a Luxurious Weekend at the Seven Stars Hotel in Milan, Italy
For more information, visit www.charitybuzz.com/rfkeurope.