Vanity Fair Vice President and Publisher Edward J. Menicheschi has announced the slate of events for the thirteenth installment of “Campaign Hollywood,” the magazine’s annual week-long celebration leading up to the Academy Awards.
Co-sponsored by Vanity Fair advertisers including Chrysler and L’Oréal Paris, “Campaign Hollywood” reflects the glamour, art, and excitement of Oscar Week in Hollywood, while spotlighting brands and charities in a way that only Vanity Fair can.
Hot off the heels of its acclaimed Super Bowl commercial, the Chrysler brand is the automotive sponsor of “Campaign Hollywood 2012” for the second year. Adding to its rich history of craftsmanship, intuitive innovation, and technology, Chrysler focuses on restoring glamour to the American automotive industry in a new initiative dedicated to style. By partnering with Vanity Fair, Chrysler will allow the magazine’s V.I.P. guests to arrive in luxury throughout “Campaign Hollywood” week in the sophisticated and smart Chrysler 300. In addition, a 2012 Chrysler 300 and the new 2012 Fiat 500 will be on display at select “Campaign Hollywood” events, including a Chrysler event with Eva Longoria to benefit her new foundation, The Eva Longoria Foundation.
L’Oréal Paris is once again the exclusive beauty sponsor of “Campaign Hollywood” with presence at select events throughout the week, including product displays, sampling, and touch-up stations. The beauty brand, along with Fiat, will also co-host D.J. Night featuring a special performance by London-based Nervo.
In celebration of “Campaign Hollywood,” the newly launched vanityfairagenda.com presents Social L.A.: an online social retailing experience created in conjunction with the wildly popular social-networking app Foursquare. Social L.A. will become the mobile destination guide on what to do, see, and experience in Los Angeles during awards season. Vanity Fair Agenda also hosted the “Red Carpet Tweet” Contest to locate a Twitter correspondent to help report from Los Angeles during “Campaign Hollywood.” A winner will be announced on vanityfairagenda.com the week of February 13 and his/her tweets will be live on vanityfairagenda.com during “Campaign Hollywood.”
Additionally, Vanity Fair magazine launched the all-new Vanity Fair Hollywood app, available on the iPhone, iPad, and Android Smartphone. Presented by Chrysler, the app allows users to vote for their favorite awards season nominees and share their picks via their social networks, including Facebook.
From Monday, February 20 to Sunday, February 26, the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel will be transformed into an all-encompassing Vanity Fair experience. Located in the heart of Hollywood, the historic 300-room hotel will feature select advertisers seamlessly integrated in a manner that will spotlight each brand while enhancing visitors’ experience—whether they’re dropping by for a drink or staying the entire week. L’Oréal Paris and Stella Artois will be present in each of the Roosevelt’s 300 rooms and a Fiat 500 vehicle will be on display at the hotel’s entrance.
Menicheschi says, “I’m thrilled with the lineup for this year’s ‘Campaign Hollywood.’ We’ve combined some fantastic causes a great group of sponsors. Throughout this series of partnerships, we are truly bringing the magazine to life.”
The “Campaign Hollywood 2012” schedule of events is as follows:
- Vanities 20th Anniversary with Juicy Couture – Monday, February 20 – Vanity Fair and Juicy Couture, along with Vanity Fair West Coast Editor Krista Smith and The Descendants actress Shailene Woodley, will kick off “Campaign Hollywood” week by hosting the “Vanities” 20th Anniversary in support of All It Takes at Siren Studios. Co-founded in 2010 by Shailene Woodley and her mother, Lori Woodley, All It Takes is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering individuals to create sustainable and positive change both locally and globally. This invitation-only reception will feature a mix of past “Vanities” subjects, supporters of All It Takes, celebrities, and industry insiders.
- Launch of the Montblanc Princess Grace Collection – Tuesday, February 21 – Vanity Fair and Montblanc, along with Vanity Fair Los Angeles Contributing Editor Wendy Stark Morrissey, will host an invitation-only cocktail reception at Hotel Bel-Air to launch Montblanc’s newest “Princess Grace” jewelry collection. The event, which is being held in support of the Princess Grace Foundation-U.S.A., will feature music by pianist Dana Bronson. The Princess Grace Foundation-U.S.A. is dedicated to identifying and assisting emerging talent in theater, dance, and film by awarding grants in the form of scholarships, apprenticeships, and fellowships.
- Ermenegildo Zegna Dinner to Support Oxfam America – Wednesday, February 22 – Vanity Fair and Ermenegildo Zegna, along with Colin and Livia Firth and Anna Zegna, will host an intimate dinner at Chateau Marmont to benefit Oxfam America and The Green Carpet Challenge. Oxfam America is an international relief and development organization that celebrates lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, and injustice. The Green Carpet Challenge is a project spearheaded by Livia Firth which asks top designers to use eco-friendly fabrics when designing gowns for celebrities during awards season.
- Chrysler Supports The Eva Longoria Foundation – Thursday, February 23 – Vanity Fair and Chrysler, along with Eva Longoria, will host an invitation-only cocktail reception at Beso Hollywood in support of The Eva Longoria Foundation and featuring music by D.J. Kris Bones. The Eva Longoria Foundation works to help Latinas access the resources to break free of the cycle of poverty by providing education programs, training, mentorship, and capital to build thriving businesses.
- Richard Mille Toasts Martin Scorsese and The Film Foundation – Friday, February 24 – Vanity Fair and Richard Mille will host a cocktail reception honoring Martin Scorsese at Hotel Bel-Air. The invitation-only event will be held in support of The Film Foundation, a nonprofit organization established by Scorsese that is dedicated to protecting and preserving motion-pictures history by providing annual support for preservation and restoration projects at the leading film archives.
- D.J. Night with Fiat and L’Oréal Paris – Saturday, February 25 – Vanity Fair, Fiat, and L’Oréal Paris will turn down the lights and turn up the tunes on the eve of the Academy Awards by hosting a chic party at the former Golden Bridge Yoga space featuring a special performance by Nervo and D.J. Daisy O’Dell. This invitation-only event will be held to support The Pablove Foundation, which funds pediatric cancer research and advances in treatment; educates and empowers cancer families; and improves the quality of life for children living with cancer through hospital play, music, and arts programs.