Myrlia has always enjoyed volunteer work and in the past has involved herself with literacy programmes, education non-profits and feeding the homeless, as well as volunteering to teach children’s dance classes in village schools.
She and her husband began the Look to the Stars project in 2005 in a bid to encourage people to become more active in philanthropy.
Myrlia also writes a blog about personal development and spiritual topics, and has been an Inspirational Luminary on InspireMeToday.com.
In 2013, Myrlia was listed as one of America’s Top 20 Women in Philanthropy, and she is featured in the book, The Power of Legacy – Personal Heroes of America’s Most Inspiring People.
Most recent articles by Myrlia Purcell
- Mayor Bill de Blasio Wants to Bring Down Big Oil on February 23, 2018
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Taking Time to Help Unrig the System on February 22, 2018
- Native Americans, Farmers and Celebrities Unite to Fight Big Oil on October 27, 2016
- Look To The Stars Is Feeling Inspired on April 15, 2016
- Editorial: Have Oxfam and Scarlett Johansson Destroyed Celebrity Giving? on February 3, 2014