WWE will join forces with celebrities and professional athletes to launch Superstars for Kids, a global online auction benefiting New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees' non-profit organization, The Brees Dream Foundation, and the Boys & Girls Clubs.
Superstars for Kids is a part of WWE’s pro-social initiatives celebrating WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans.
Beginning today, through a partnership with Charitybuzz.com, the online auction will feature unique, once-in-a-lifetime experiences with WWE Superstars, top athletes and Hollywood celebrities. Fans can visit www.Charitybuzz.com/WWE now through Tuesday, April 8 at 12:00 noon ET to bid on items. Current auction items include experiences with WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels, WWE Superstars Triple H and Daniel Bryan, Drew Brees, Michael Strahan, Anger Management’s Charlie Sheen, Jimmy Kimmel, Tyler Perry, Maria Menounos and many more.
In addition to the auction, producer and star of the upcoming comedy A Haunted Mansion 2, Marlon Wayans, will join Drew Brees as one of the special guests at the Superstars for Kids red carpet party to help kick-off WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans. Wayans will lead a live auction at the party where additional once-in-a-lifetime experiences will be made available for bidding.
“I can’t thank WWE enough for their support of The Brees Dream Foundation,” said Drew Brees, Quarterback, New Orleans Saints. “The funds raised will be used to support our ongoing global efforts to help improve the quality of life for Cancer patients and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need.”
“Boys & Girls Clubs is honored that WWE recognizes the value of our work, not only in New Orleans but on the Westbank and Northshore, and the deep need of our club kids and the tremendous impact membership has on their lives,” said Frank Sanchez, National Vice President, Sports, Entertainment & Alumni Development. “We are thrilled that Boys & Girls Clubs has been chosen as one of the beneficiaries for this year’s WrestleMania philanthropic activities and look forward to a long lasting relationship between WWE and our organization.”
“WWE is committed to using the power of our brand to help improve the lives of children around the world,” said Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, WWE. “We are proud to support two very worthy organizations that make such a significant impact on so many people.”
Online auction highlights include:
• Lunch with Charlie Sheen on the set of Anger Management
• A chance to be in a Tyler Perry Studios Movie or TV Show
• A Bullet Stratosphere Guitar Signed by Maroon 5
• Meet Jimmy Kimmel with 2 tickets and green room access to a taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live! in LA
• Meet & Greet with Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Hart at Hogan’s Beach in Tampa, FL
• Lunch with Shawn Michaels and a backstage tour of Monday Night Raw
• Meet WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin and be a part of his podcast
• NXT Full Sail Experience with Triple H that includes lunch, behind the scenes tour and all access to NXT
• Be a part of the “Yes Movement” and join Daniel Bryan during his entrance to the ring at a WWE Live Event
• The Ultimate Drew Brees Experience including a meet & greet with the New Orleans Saints quarterback
• Take over the court at The World’s Most Famous Arena, Madison Square Garden!