The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights has launched its 8th Annual Spring Auction with support from more than 100 of the world’s most recognizable figures spanning business, entertainment, sports, and politics.
Tim Cook, Sally Field, Diana Nyad, Blake Shelton, and Chef Morimoto are just a few of iconic figures hitting the online auction block to benefit the RFK Center. The auction, powered by global charity auction site Charitybuzz, is open to bidders internationally from April 23 through May 13 at www.Charitybuzz.com/RFK.
“Whether we’re opening health clinics in the Gulf Coast or building schools in indigenous Mexico, fighting for access to justice in Egypt or labor rights in Upstate New York, the RFK Center’s annual auctions make all of our work possible,” said Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center. “Each year, it’s a delight to see stars from the worlds of business, media, entertainment, and sports join together with generous auction bidders to help us carry forward Robert Kennedy’s dream of a more just, peaceful, and compassionate world.”
Last year’s coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook was incredibly successful, raising more than $610,000 to support the RFK Center. Cook is continuing his commitment to support human rights by offering the opportunity to have lunch with him at Apple for a winning bidder and guest. Bidding for the 2014 experience is starting at $10,000.
Other coveted auction experiences include a set visit to Scandal or Grey’s Anatomy, the chance to have lunch with Allison Williams of the HBO show Girls, and coffee with Academy Award winner Sally Field.
Additional auction highlights include:
• Lunch with Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
• Go behind the scenes at Facebook when you visit the Silicon Valley Campus and meet top executives
• Visit the Set of Blue Bloods in NYC and meet available cast members
• Meet Blake Shelton with two tickets to his Ten Times Crazier Tour
• Meet Michael Kors backstage at his September fashion show, including a $5,000 shopping spree
• Sushi making class and sake tasting for six with Chef Morimoto in New York, Philadelphia, Chicago or Napa
• Walk-on role in an upcoming Farrelly Brothers movie
• Lunch and laughs with Richard Saul Wurman, Founder of the TED Conference
• Meet Ted Danson on the set of CSI in LA
• Lunch with Dr. Ben Bernanke, Former United States Federal Reserve Chairman
• Have Coffee with World Champion Swimmer Diana Nyad
• Meet Bryan Cranston with two tickets to Broadway’s All The Way
• Meet Conan O'Brien with four tickets to CONAN in LA
• Go behind the scenes at Nightly News with Brian Williams
To date, the RFK Center’s annual auctions at Charitybuzz have raised more than $5 million for the Center’s human rights work.
“We’re thrilled to partner with the RFK Center for the eighth consecutive Spring Auction, as the Center has been a key partnership since I started Charitybuzz in 2005,” said Coppy Holzman, CEO and Founder of Charitybuzz. “It’s an incredible honor to know we’re raising funds for such a worthy cause, while bringing bidders and philanthropists around the world access to some of the most coveted celebrity, business and entertainment experiences.”