Women in the World is taking its signature live event on the road to the Lone Star State.
Tina Brown will co-host the October 22 event in San Antonio, TX, with Gloria Steinem, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Ambassador Karen Hughes, Diane von Furstenberg, Former White House Advisor to President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush Sonya Medina Williams, author and journalist Marie Brenner, art patron and activist Aaronetta Pierce, President of 3N Group Guillermo Nicolas, San Antonio City Manager Sheryl Sculley and San Antonio’s brand-new mayor, Ivy Taylor.
Tickets for Women in the World Texas go on sale September 5 at 10am.
The program also features:
• Filmmaker Deeyah Khan, who will share footage from her award-winning documentary about honor killings
• The inspirational Sister Rosemary Nyirumbe, who is bringing a girl from her Ugandan orphanage, which shelters those fleeing violence and civil war
• Lydia Cacho, one of Mexico’s most fearless journalists, who has risked her life to report on international sex trafficking
• Women who serve on the front lines and at home
• Plus: actress, director, producer, and activist Eva Longoria; Houston Mayor Annise Parker; and Latina activist Rosie Castro and her son Congressman Joaquin Castro
Women in the World Founder and CEO Tina Brown says, “We are thrilled to expand Women in the World to Texas. San Antonio’s diversity and commitment to education make it a cutting-edge American city for collaboration.”
City Manager Sheryl Sculley adds, “As a city on the rise, San Antonio is the ideal location for Women in the World Texas – a singular event that will draw national and international spotlight not only on our great city but on critical issues and women change makers.”
The forum will be held at San Antonio’s Charline McCombs Empire Theater. A portion of ticket proceeds will go to the Foundation for Education of Young Women.
Women in the World Texas is supported by presenting sponsor Toyota and leadership sponsors the City of San Antonio and Credit Suisse.
To learn more about Women in the World and see highlights from past events, click here.