We Day and Co-Title Sponsors Microsoft, Allstate and Unilever Project Sunlight, announce the star-studded lineup of speakers and performers for We Day California taking place on February 25, 2015 at the SAP Center.
We Day California will bring together 16,000 students and teachers in an inspirational setting celebrating the commitment they have made to take action locally and globally.
Taking to the stage this year is a cast of returning favorites and new faces, including Cody Simpson, Colbie Caillat, J.R. Martinez, Cher Lloyd, Kid President, Lt. Colonel Eileen Collins and Marlee Matlin. Along with others, this all-star lineup will join international activists and We Day co-founders, Craig and Marc Kielburger, to share their passion for change, international experiences, and energize the crowd with unforgettable performances and motivational speeches.
“Performing at We Day this past fall was such a fantastic experience, I’m so happy to be back and part of this inspiring event in California,” said Grammy Award-winning pop singer and songwriter, Colbie Caillat. “The strong commitment and level of involvement from these students is incredibly inspirational. I’m grateful to be part of this celebration, honoring the hard work and actions they have taken.”
“Today’s generation of young people – the Me to We generation – have the power to create and lead real systemic change through We Day, North America’s celebration of service,” said We Day co-founder Craig Kielburger. “Over 200,000 students, coast to coast from 5,000 schools, earn their tickets to We Day by committing to take action on local and global causes they care about. They are truly moving the needle on some of today’s most important issues.”
We Day is the movement of our time – a movement of young people leading local and global change. We Day celebrates and inspires this generation’s shift from me to we – towards acting with intention, leading with compassion, and a belief in the power of community. We Day is one of the world’s largest registered charities on social media, with more than five million followers. This year alone hundreds of thousands of young people will come together in stadium-sized events in 14 cities to take part in this unprecedented educational initiative.
You can’t buy a ticket to We Day. Young people earn them by committing to take action on local and global causes of their choice. We Day provides a platform for youth to learn about some of today’s pressing social issues, helping to inspire them to become leaders and global citizens and to take action on the issues most important to them. We Day is free of charge to the thousands of students and educators in attendance, thanks to the generous support of National Co-Title Sponsors Microsoft, Allstate and Unilever Project Sunlight.
More than a one-day event, We Day is connected to the year-long We Act program, which provides educational resources and campaigns to help young people turn the day’s inspiration into sustained action. We Day and We Act are cause inclusive, empowering young people to find their passion and create the change they want to see. Together, We Day and We Act are a blueprint for building the next generation of global citizens.
The full list of speakers, performers and presenters announced to date include:
• Cody Simpson – Award-winning Australian singer/songwriter and worldwide music sensation
• Colbie Caillat – Grammy Award-winning pop singer and songwriter
• Lt. Colonel Eileen Collins – First female space shuttle commander and United States Air Force colonel
• Cher Lloyd – English singer and songwriter
• Marlee Matlin – Academy Award-winning actress and devoted social activist
• J.R. Martinez – Actor, motivational speaker, bestselling author and former U.S. Army soldier and winner of Dancing With The Stars
• Team members from The Oakland Raiders
• Kid President – 11-year-old Robby Novak, YouTube sensation
• Mia Farrow – Award-winning actress and activist
• G.R.L. – Platinum-selling international girl group
• Mustafa the Poet – 18-year-old poet, writer, actor and emcee
• Kristine Bender – President of WATERisLIFE
• Luke Bilyk – Actor from the Emmy-nominated TV series DEGRASSI
• Dale Stephens – Speaker, author and Founder of UnCollege
• Dana Michelle Cook and Sarah Moshman – Filmmakers and creators of “The Empowerment Project: Ordinary Women Doing Extraordinary Things”
• Public Figures – A dance team collective of five dance groups from the San Jose/Bay area
• Craig and Marc Kielburger – International activists and co-founders of We Day
• Spencer West – Me to We motivational speaker, Free The Children ambassador and author
• Ezra Frech – 9-year-old athlete and motivational speaker
• Zuriel Oduwole – 12-year-old filmmaker, presidential interviewer & Girl Child Education advocate
• Ming Horn – Founder of KhodeUp
• Hannah Alper – 12-year-old Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children ambassador, blogger and youth activist
• Ashley Rose Murphy – Motivational youth speaker